The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How far a ride to the reefs? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: How far a ride to the reefs? (/showthread.php?tid=31476)

How far a ride to the reefs? - Markospoon - 09-22-2011

If you ask one of the glass bottom boat guys to take you out to the reefs for a snorkel trip, how long a ride is it?

I know the prices can vary from captain to captain, but i was just wondering how long it takes to get to the reefs.

I assume the reefs are where the best fish and corals can be seen.

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - fatty - 09-22-2011

~ Markospoon ~ wrote:

'how long a ride is it?'

I imagine it would depend on where you started from.....it would take longer to get to the reef from Citronella than from Our Pastimes....dig?
I can say that from right near Rockhouse to the reef took at least 20 minutes - if my memory serves me right!!!

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - Markospoon - 09-22-2011

Oops, you are right Fatty.

Say, mid beach like at Coco-la-palm.

I usually walk from Tree House to the river.

Somewhere along that stretch is where I would catch a route, i mean water taxi.

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - Markospoon - 09-22-2011

Thanks Blues pirate.

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - Rastapher - 09-22-2011

It takes about 4 hours by cow, 2.5 by horse, and believe it or not only 1.75 by goat........

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - BrenJaLee - 09-23-2011

Ras, you freakin crack me up... all the time!!! I am always LMAO at your posts! Thank you for always bringing laughter to my day Smile

Marko, if you're going out to the reef, can I suggesting going with Captain Keith on his 4-person hobiecat. It's like getting two excursions in one... a fantastic ride on the cat plus a snorkeling trip to the reef. Now the ride to/from the reef sometimes can take longer since it needs wind to go fast. I've done the trip in 1.5 hours and as much as 2.5 hours. I don't know how long I snorkel but Keith has never asked me to come back to the boat because it was time to go. Overall, the experience is soooooo much better than the glass bottom boats. Once I discovered the hobie, I haven't been on a GBB since. I have his phone number if you want me to hook ya up. Or just look for him cruising up/down the beach on the boat.

Re: How far a ride to the reefs? - Markospoon - 09-23-2011

Hey Bren, that does sound cool.

Thanks for the advice.