The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Help......Which Cliff Hotel - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Help......Which Cliff Hotel (/showthread.php?tid=31356)

Pages: 1 2

Help......Which Cliff Hotel - macyoder - 09-20-2011

So, my dear kids asked NOT to go on a family vacation next summer. Since they don't have jobs and really don't need a vacation, so we have decided to do 12 days or so in Jamaica by ourselves. My plan is 7 days on the North Coast, 3 days on the cliff, and 2 days at the Palladium.

Le Mirage - $110 per night -
Newer with nude sunbathing but no breakfast included, no restaurant on site

Sunset on the Cliffs - $100 per night -
Full breakfast, restaurant on site, higher cliffs for jumping

Home Sweet Home - $75 per night - Being renovated, restaurant on site

Blue Cave Castle (Penthouse) - It's a castle and this drag Queen needs a home:-)

I can't do rustic/rundown or be surrounded by trash/thatch roof...NO TENSING PEN. I am not looking to get back to the good ole days:-)

Any other CONCRETE infused places on the cliff?

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - medi - 09-20-2011

I stayed at Sunset on the Cliffs back when it was Coral Seas Cliffs and loved how the rooms were very spacious and had some gorgeous ocean views. I do plan on going back for an afternoon or two to hang out and check out their new diving platform by the sea. Smile

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - Winni - 09-21-2011

Negril Escape hands down. Great view, pool, restaurant and concrete. Everything you are looking for!

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - Jenny - 09-21-2011

Check out Moonlight Villa! I think it'll "float your boat"!!
http://www.moonlightvilla.com/

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - macyoder - 09-21-2011

Each room has a little private alcove area facing the sea, where you can sit in a wicker loveseat or large chair along with a coffee table.

Lovely, sounds like Paradise:-)

Catcha is on the upper end and might affect my other vacations plans between now and the summer. I promised the kids I will take them to the snow but I need to check if they are still interested.

Sunset on the cliffs - not bad

Negril Escape does provide that coat of paint that brightens things

BCC - just something about a castle to suit a drag Queen- unique/different.

Thanks so much and Jenny I sent an email.

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - macyoder - 09-21-2011

I feel as if I am planning a trip to some place for the very first time. I am still working on points for the tickets, should have a 100K Thank You points soon.

Thank you Jenny, loved them!

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - Debra - 09-22-2011

Thanks, I'm going to google seagrapes.

Idle Awhile is on the beach, and Hide Awhile is on the cliffs and from what I have 'heard' in the past, You can book time at both places and change the time to your favorite place out of the 2 of them.?

I like my own space also. I do not want to hear the couple through the wall arguing or sexing or whatever............

The walls at the castle are so thick and it is Private with security and that is my biggest concern when traveling, is SAFETY! Once the gate is closed I can relax in peace.

Keeps the

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - macyoder - 09-22-2011

Yep, the roof is about character not cost and probably cost more than my NEW tile roof that leaked recently:-)

I might becoming a cliff convert. OMGOSH, the waterbed, how cool is that. With my mind open here is my list.

Catcha- even a regular room on such a goregous property would be worth it.

Xtabi- the oceanfront cottage - so close to the ocean, cave at the base of the cliff and nice area to jump. Hubby liked this property when we visited.

Seagrapes- oh that waterbed and view from inside

Moonlight Villa - room with private setting area facing the sea

BCC - Penthouse, oh the view if and when I reach the top.

I am giving myself a headache. The more appealing these properties are becoming the less desireable the Palladium. The suites do look nice, if and when I find my way back to them...lol!

I can't help but think my eyes are open and I can see the GLORY!

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - macyoder - 09-22-2011

We live in the desert and keep our house at a 'cool' 80 degrees durning the summer. A/C becomes more important when I am not paying for it so I can make due...lol. If fans are provided then a great view will be worth it. The location of the Xtabi seafront cottage is fabulous and now I am seeing the charm, kinda cute. A/C is now a nice extra.

Re: Help......Which Cliff Hotel - BrenJaLee - 09-23-2011

Just remember... 80 degrees in the desert and 80 degrees in 100% humidity are two totally different 80 degrees. I stayed on the cliffs for 5 nights the beginning of December last year. The place was right on the cliffs edge and everyone said that you didn't need A/C because there was "always" a great breeze. I've read that for years here on the message boards. Let me tell you... I was MISERABLE!!! There was NO breeze hardly ever in my cottage. I was moved to another cottage that got a little breeze but it was NOTHING like the great breeze everyone made it out to be. I will never never never ever stay anywhere in JA without A/C again. But that's just me. If you don't mind sleeping in sticky sweat, go for it!