The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Oldtimer-Halifax - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Oldtimer-Halifax (/showthread.php?tid=31191)

Oldtimer-Halifax - Bruce - 09-17-2011

Hey Oldtimer,

We are leaving next weekend on a New England/Canada cruise that stops in Halifax. I'm renting a car that day and thinking about taking a drive to Peggy's Cove and while in that area stopping at a place called Ryer & Ryer Lobster for lunch. Is Peggy's Cove a good place to check out and are you familiar with Ryer & Ryer? Is there anywhere else in that area that would be good to check out?

Also, are you familiar with the Bay of Funday Eco Trail in St . Johns? Thinking of renting a car in St.Johns and heading over that way.

I would imagine we are a couple of weeks too early for any fall colors.

Thanks!

If anyone else has any ideas, that would be cool. We will also be in Newport R.I,Boston and Portland Maine.

Re: Oldtimer-Halifax - oldtimer - 09-17-2011

I highly recommend going to Lunenburg as well.BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drive along the coast road and then come back the interior road.Peggy's Cove is as they say "Lovely".The lobster dinners there are dandy.If you go to Lunenburg go and see the rebuilding of the Bluenose II. It is Nova Scotia's symbol of the sea and VERY !!! famous.My daughter sailed on her as crew for 2 1/2 years.If the weather is on your side you should really enjoy Nova Scotia.It is rich in history and home of the Marrons as in the Jamaican Marrons. Oh yes !!!!! it is also the home of Sidney Crosby !!!!!!! Ain't that just so cool !!!!! hehehe

Re: Oldtimer-Halifax - oldtimer - 09-18-2011

Well Bruce, Peggy's Cove it is.If you deciede to "pub it" then I highly suggest The Midtown Tavern !!!! it probably has more history than all the rest added together.There are many nice places in Halifax to see and 5 1/2 hours could have you running willy nilly.Citadel Hill being a great place for a couple of hours.I would be surprised if you didn't enjoy "a day in the city bye".

Re: Oldtimer-Halifax - oldtimer - 09-19-2011

Bozz...I'm a little bias but you are correct. just like the song.."I'm goin' take you on a seas cruise".....then there is Farewell to Nova Scotia,the sea bound coast,and her mountains dark and dreary be,for when I'm far away on the briney ocean top...etc it's a beautiful song !!!!!

Re: Oldtimer-Halifax - oldtimer - 09-19-2011

It is about 1 1/2 hrs on the beautiful shore road but it would be about 1 hr on the main highway. If you take 5 hours to do everything you could have lots of stops and a nice walk around with lunch.The weather being the biggest factors.lunenburg is VERY nice and there is lots to see.If the rental is delivered to you that would make it easy But !! if they come and pick you up and return you to the boat then it's very doable without pressure.You are right about the tour busses.If there are lots YIKES if only one a piece of cake.I don't think you can go wrong no matter what you choose.Bon Voyage !!!!!