The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Meet my new friend Tilly - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Meet my new friend Tilly (/showthread.php?tid=31123)

Meet my new friend Tilly - DAWN - 09-16-2011

I am bird sitting for Tilly, an african grey parrot. She is 8 yrs old and talks up a storm..mostly when I am in the other room. Windy was tricked 2x this am with Tilly whistling for her to come. There are a couple thing she says that sounds just like man. Thought my neighbor was at the window yesterday as I heard.. "well hi, are you alright, what's the matter?"

She just loves watermellon and is quite comical when eating it. Her owner had seem my deco and said the only thing missing here is the bird. She loves the colors and spends lots of time looking at the abstract painting that I have by her cage.

She has the neighbors little yippers bark down, and calls WIndy "woof woof".

Been feeling a little lonely lately..funny how when I'm alone, so many people show up in my head. Tilly flew in just in time..she will be great company for WIndy and I.

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - Lola - 09-16-2011

Love this!!! (((DAWN)))

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - Sundowner - 09-16-2011

She is beautiful! They are very fascinating and amazing to watch. I've never had the opportunity to really interact with them before, so you have a wonderful opportunity here - enjoy your time with her, Dawn!

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - suzengrace - 09-16-2011

That's one smart bird you have there..African Greys are exceptional mimics...
So be careful what you say..I have a friend whose scarlet Mccaw cusses like a sailor..and she didn't teach him those words...
My friend says having a parrot is like having a 3yo child around, fun, entertaining,loving but prone to temper tantrums, etc ..just like a child...

Lucky you to have such a beautiful and unique bird around you...

And the Patios- that would be too cool.....

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - Jenny - 09-16-2011

Oh she is just GORGEOUS!!! They are so smart! Love to imitate. I heard one in Zihautanejo, Mexico the summer I lived down there who lived on a 3rd story-up walk-up, could hear her down on the main street, she SANG opera every afternoon - I kid you not! She must've heard a lot of opera at some point.

I love Lola's idea about teacher her a patois phrase...what about "Im a no good rass!"

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - sunray - 09-16-2011

I saw a flock of scarlet macaws flying in Costa Rica. Flock of flamingos flying in Cuba. Love to see the hummingbirds in JA, the doctor birds, the ibis, john crow flying high. I've heard mention of a Yellowbird and even a Yellowman. When I see an egret standing on a cow's back, I have no doubt as to where I am. Ya Mon! For all the species of birds in Jamaica, I don't know many by name. Can we start a list, maybe photos too?

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - DAWN - 09-16-2011

Owner said to let her try whatever you are eating...but I'm guessing the chicken I'm having tonight is out?

ps. Tried to find a "tasteful" emotion for it...decided on none...;o)

Re: Meet my new friend Tilly - Sundowner - 09-17-2011

Just ordered the book from the library - thanks, Jenny! I'm excited to read it.