The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) (/showthread.php?tid=3087)

Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - doctoro - 11-11-2010

I am sure that most have answered this question, on this board or others, but here it is again.

I came to Jamaica on a cruise ship, we did the Dunn's River Fall and shopping, and City Tour. I felt I had stepped back in time, or was visualizing the places described to me in the fairy tale books I read as a child. But I did not get "IT' until about 10 years later when a family situation found me sitting on the veranda at Sea Grape in Negril, and the peace, that engulfed me giving me the acceptance to carry on, made me realise how therapeutic and how much of a healing place I was in.

After that revelation, no matter where I vacationed each year, Jamaica was always my second vacation of the year. No other place, was 'my place,. The commercial "come back to Jamaica" made me sigh each time and begin daydreaming.

Come share Please.

Re: Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - oldtimer - 11-11-2010

As an 18year old kid,full of piss and vinegar,I came to Jamaica for a 6 week job working as a welder at the Kaiser bauxite plant and didn't leave for 3 years.That was in the 60's.Life was much different then.Don't lock anything ,trust lots ,not much of the rastatude life,not a pile of hookers and lots and lots of fun.Drove 1000's of miles around and through and over Jamaica looking at "stuff".The east end of jamaica was were all the action was at.Like from Ochi east.I've lived in places like Kingston,Ochie,Bog Walk,Treasure Beach,Ewarton,Discovery Bay,Hollywood hills,Jacktown..I guess that's it.With the coming of cogillino and other things i have lost the drive to go.I sold my land after 38 years.I paid $324CDN for it and sold it for $70,000 US.

Re: Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - Jenny - 11-11-2010

Looks like I'm the relative newcomer here by a long shot! Don & I went to Jamaica for the first time in 2004 (I think it was!) just 3 months after Hurricane Ivan hit. Before we even got there, we were following the hurricane's track & the devestation the island suffered. I was very impressed by Gail Jackson's raising money & contributed some $$ to help a school teacher she knew. That was when I was on n.com. We spent our 1st vacation there at Negril Gardens (now the Grand Pineapple). I fell in love with the people, the food, the air, the sea, the music & the sights, sounds & smells. Since then, I've stayed at Xtabi, Dragon Cove, Moonlight Villa (my favorite place) & Banana Shout. Mom came with me one trip. This coming trip, mom & I will stay along the South Coast (can't wait to see that!) & MV again.

Re: Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - Pineapple - 11-11-2010

In '93 I was dating a Jamaican in St. Louis and he asked me to take a trip home with him. He'd never been to Negril, so we when there first to see Miss Brown and her family. My first night in Jamaica was spent at Miss Browns house in the hills with no luggage (lost). Was woken up by a chicken walking in the bedroom. I got the "real" Jamaican experience early in the trip Smile

Finally got luggage and a room on the beach at Gloria's Sunset. Fell in love with the beach but out of love with the boyfriend. When he left for Kingston, I stayed in Negril for the last two days. Lost the boyfriend but kept Negril. I think I got the best deal. It's been a love affair ever since.

Re: Your Attraction/Passion for Jamaica (why?) - bozz - 11-12-2010

my attraction/passion for jamaica is it's people no doubt. from the first time i went to ja. many moons ago, i felt like i was home...not just the beautiful land, but the way it touched my soul...i have never felt that way anywhere...not even in my native land canada...i could never handle snobs, keeping up with the jones, having to be on top of the new trends, movies, music, etc...as i age i have gone from miss, auntie,to mommie, not so sure if i like that so much lol, but it is given with respect and in turn i also give respect where it is due. i cannot imagine my life without jamaica. i am truly sad of the current state of affairs and the way it has damaged jamaica as a preferred travel destination...soon come, i truly hope she will be the shining star that she should be, peace