The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Words - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Words (/showthread.php?tid=30759)

Words - BrenJaLee - 09-10-2011

Excerpts from:

Think before you speak
by T.Selva
(an international speaker on metaphysics and author of six books on ancient Indian wisdom)

OUR thoughts and speech can work for us or against us depending on what we think and speak. It has tremendous power and it is a tool to either lift us up, pull us down, wound us deeply or heal our hearts.

Our spoken words originate from our thoughts and it is more powerful than our thoughts because they not only affect ourselves, but the people around us.

Another danger about words is that once it is out of our mouth, it can never be taken back and it will have an effect. We may not realise that on many occasions our words are uttered without conscious thought and we also rarely stop and think about what we are saying.

Since ancient times both (thoughts and words) are recognised as the muscle to build lifelong alliances or to start feuds. From young, I have been reminded constantly by my elders to increase pleasant words to clean up my thinking because my words can determine my destiny.

We should always exercise care on the type of thoughts that runs through our mind and the words we utter daily. We are constantly creating something, either positive or negative with our words and reaction to our words often returns to us in a multiplied form.

When we speak unkindly of anyone we are actually creating a negative vibration within us thus harming the harmony of our body, mind and spirit and destroying our self-esteem. Negative talk never help us do anything better other than to just waste our time and energy and disturb our peace of mind.

It is common to find individuals who go on a rage mood often forgetting the happy and good times they had enjoyed or benefited with their close ones. Why this happens is because when you are not in peace with yourself, you will be governed with anger, hatred and unhappiness.

At all times, we should think and analyse before we speak because whatever unpleasant words we say about another individual it is actually a mere reflection of ourselves.

This is because the same fault exists in us and there is no benefit in hurting anyone. Every individual should learn not to follow their whims and start doing or saying anything that comes into their mind. We should exercise our ability to control our mind, be conscious and apply caution on what we want to speak.

One of the best ways to handle issues that cause dislike is to change our thoughts and by doing so, we are actually changing our life for the better.

Next we should view things with compassion because we are all not perfect and we are bound to make some mistakes at some point of time. Remember constant negative speech traps us and prevents us from finding joy, peace, love, happiness and success.

Developing the habit of speaking well of self and others liberate us to enjoy life more and we become a blessing to ourselves and to others.

Re: Words - jeannieb - 09-10-2011

This is great. I will be printing this and keeping it around. Thanks!

Re: Words - Jenny - 09-11-2011

Very tru, tru words! I'm also reminded of one of my favorite authors, James Herriot; in one of his "All Creatures Great & Small" books, he talked about the unkind action of a man towards an animal: "A victory over an animal is a "hollow victory." I have often thought of this when I have seen a teacher belittling a young student (thankfully, that doesn't happen often!). I think if we could all "step outside ourselves" & imagine how it might feel to be the recepient of a strong word or action that we're about to do, and truly realize what a "hollow victory" it would be, we would NOT do it!! We are sentient beings, most of us can "put ourselves in another's shoes" & so we can KEEP FROM doing things before "firing off!"

Re: Words - BrenJaLee - 09-11-2011

We are blessed to have freedom of speech. There are countless men and women who have given their lives to allow us this freedom. But we need to take care with this freedom. When we speak something, it is out there, to be heard by whoever is near. And possibly repeated. But what we must take even more care with is what we write... as it is out there forever... to be read by people near and far. Our words are a reflection of who we are as a person. When we write something, we must read it and look in the mirror. Ask ourselves, "is this who I am". And know that "edit" and "delete" are options before "post".

Re: Words - BrenJaLee - 09-11-2011

A "hollow victory"... I like that Jenny! How true!

Re: Words - jajewel - 09-11-2011

Your words, in a nutshell, are really what conscious living is all about. The golden rule "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", is also "SAY unto others as you would have them SAY unto you." The world would be such a lovely place if everyone tried to live this way. Thanks so much for posting this!