The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take (/showthread.php?tid=30426)

Pages: 1 2

Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - macyoder - 09-07-2011

Much, much, sometimes too much, have been said about Jamaican men but not much about the women, good or bad.

Whenever my hubby says my wife is Jamaican, he gets the WOW response.
Whenever he states we have been married 18 years, he gets DAMN.
When he adds I have known her for over 25 years, they call him a Saint:-).
Whenever people meet me, they often say, I was not what they were expecting.

My take and experience with other Jamaican women might surprise you. When some realize my hubby is with me, they start to treat him sooooooooo much nicer and ignore me, like I am in their way. He LOVES and thinks it's innocent but I am there thinking B1tch back-up, can I have a drink. I am often told not to leave him so often, I could loose him. I responded, he is a big guy, loosing him might be hard:-) I often feel more onguard, not because I am worried but I for one beleive don't leave a man into temptation, he can get there all by himself.

What's your take on the lovely Jamaican ladies:-))))

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - Sundowner - 09-07-2011

Oh, boy. Jamaican women. A very complex and fascinating subject. Where to start? I personally have utmost admiration for Jamaican women, generally speaking. They basically carry the family on their shoulders throughout their lifetime. Could add more but I'm on my way out the door to a medical appt. Will check in when I return, for sure.

Thanks for starting this Macy - you always have intriguing things to say.

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - rootswoman - 09-07-2011

Great topic Macy!

I have too much homework right now - im gonna come back here when it's time for a break.

This is gonna be a good one!

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - jitterbug - 09-07-2011

~ macyoder ~ wrote:

'Much, much, sometimes too much, have been said about Jamaican men but not much about the women, good or bad.

Whenever my hubby says my wife is Jamaican, he gets the WOW response.
Whenever he states we have been married 18 years, he gets DAMN.
When he adds I have known her for over 25 years, they call him a Saint:-).
Whenever people meet me, they often say, I was not what they were expecting.

My take and experience with other Jamaican women might surprise you. When some realize my hubby is with me, they start to treat him sooooooooo much nicer and ignore me, like I am in their way. He LOVES and thinks it's innocent but I am there thinking B1tch back-up, can I have a drink. I am often told not to leave him so often, I could loose him. I responded, he is a big guy, loosing him might be hard:-) I often feel more onguard, not because I am worried but I for one beleive don't leave a man into temptation, he can get there all by himself.

What's your take on the lovely Jamaican ladies:-)))) '

really good topic . . . i will share my personal experiences while travelling through jamaica with rex(my jamaican partner who lives there) . . .

. . . ja women ignoring me while chatting him up and the body language is hilarious, one incident, the woman actually wiggled inbetween him and i with her back to me and tried to hustle him. . . when he made it known that her behaviour was unacceptable, she flipped into patios and proceeded to chat him up like she was speaking a foreign language. hallo? i can hear you and understand you perfectly. . . . lots of experiences of that sort throughout jamaica, especially his home area . . . after travelling to ja for 28 years now, i can call one woman "friend" . . . that's pretty sad. i've been told that i shouldn't "take" their best men??? . . . HE is not a piece of fruit that one can "take" . . .

to sum it up, i'd love to meet some more "normal" jamaican female friends . . .

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - rootswoman - 09-07-2011

I am going to be perfectly honest here. The other day after making plans to go meet Macy I had a slight feeling of panic take over me. I was scared to meet her because I knew that although she has spent the majority of her life in the USA, she is a Jamaican woman. My opinion thus far is that I always go away feeling that Jamaican women do not really like me.

I thought long and hard about this issue. I have two women in Jamaica I considered friends, yet if I really think about it, as much as I like them, and have enjoyed spending time with each of them, I don't fully trust either of them and I don't stay in touch. It saddens me to say that, but it is the truth.

On my last trip to Jamaica I was with Dread. It was pretty funny to see how things went down. I could wait 20 minutes for a female to bring me a semi- warm beer and Dread would walk up and immediately be handed an ice cold one. It was clear how things worked.

Well, I must say my fears were put to rest when I met Macy. I was worried, with all that traveling she does, I would not be up to her standard and I was worried she would be a little too "cold" or "hard" for my personality. Macy is by no means a "snob" she is totally down to earth. She was so warm and welcoming to us, she made me feel so very much at home. Mr Macy was not what I was worried I might find either! I was a little afraid that he might be a little like that guy with the sleazy trip reports "over there." That type of guy who has a trophy wife. Well i couldn't have been more far off in my worries. Although in my eyes Macy is a trophy, Mr Macy is easy going, kind, friendly and warm. A show off he is NOT!

One of the highlights of the day was when we discussed Jamaican woman. Not only did we have some laughs, It was wonderful to hear Macy confirm everything I had ever felt. By the end of the day I knew I finally met a Jamaican woman that I can trust.

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - oldtimer - 09-07-2011

If Jamaican men had 1/00th the work ethic that the women have ,it would not be in the fragile shape it's in today.

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - rastagirl777 - 09-07-2011

I have several Jamaican woman friends. They do not treat me as though I was "unequal", nor do they think that. We've been friends quite a long time. I know their families - they know mine. We live in the same community. Its all good.

They are women, each with their own individual stories that make them who they are....just like me and my individual story that makes me who I am. I love them for their warmth, their wisdom, their sense of humor...much like I love my American and Canadian women friends.

I LOVE Macy's sense of humor...and I admire what I see here posted on this board.

People are people...there are good and there are not so good. I try to surround myself with good people no matter where they are from.

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - Tammy - 09-08-2011

Don't be surprise but there are some who think a man without 'energy' is useless.

I might have to agree. LOLOL

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - rootswoman - 09-08-2011

Re: Jamaican Women.....What's yuh Take - monk - 09-08-2011

one thing I will say about this subject- and i have dated and am dating a jamaican girl- I don't think I would be comfortable raising a daughter there, except for under some very narrow parameters. I am frankly amazed at the success of many women after finding out some of their backstories, that they are even functioning adults is staggering in some cases.

and yes, I know how that sounds, and yes it is that bad for many women there. i know i sound like a broken record- a woman's life is often counted for far less in this world, and lesser even than that in some places, and in a lot of categories Jamaica is one of those lesser counting spots.