The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The Rum Cake Won!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: The Rum Cake Won!!! (/showthread.php?tid=30365)

The Rum Cake Won!!! - jeannieb - 09-06-2011

A few years back another boardie gave me her recipe for Jamaican rum cake. I forget who but THANK YOU! It won Grand Champion at our county fair.

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - jeannieb - 09-06-2011

My scotch bonnets received second. The Jamaican Country peppers I "smuggled" home and planted the seeds received third. My long red chilis won first and my "peter peppers" placed third. And my canned salsa placed first. Smile

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - suzengrace - 09-06-2011

That is so cool...Big Round-of-applause..

And I laughed about smuggling them seeds home. I'm a horticulture student and everyone in that field is alwasy "bringing" something back..We do sterilize the seeds,etc as to make sure we dont bring any diseases in...I'm just more a scarddy-cat about doing it..Seems like (esp Charlotte airport) TSA always shaking me down go to the "special line"-so be my luck I get in trouble over some seeds (and NO i'd never bring any kind of classified type drug in/out of the country(ie ganga seeds, mushroom spores, etc)-IMHO that plain stupid.)

So I commend you again for nurturing those seeds ...You did a great job girl...

and yeah, don't you love a county fair??!! Wonderful old school fun..

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - rootswoman - 09-06-2011

great thread! well done jeannie!

Are you willing to pass on the recipe?

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - BrenJaLee - 09-06-2011

Nope, wasn't my recipe but I'd definitely like to try it! I've never made a rum cake before. Please share if you're willing. I'm thinking served with a dollop of whip cream and maybe some berries on the side.

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - suzengrace - 09-07-2011

OK Villa Macy..what days you open ???

JenniB.It's never too late..I just got into gardening a few years back..Native plants and drought tolerant are my thing..I go to school mostly to learn and be around like minded-folk..I still have my "Regular-job..ie pay the bills that enjoy" but you find something your passionate about.go for it regardless if it will become 2nd career.etc..Something you enjoy..it's all that matters ..and if does morph into something else..well....alright...

Thanks for the recipe..never baked anything cool like this in mi life..but will start with this..

Re: The Rum Cake Won!!! - jajewel - 09-08-2011

That is the same recipe I use, Jeannie.....I found it online & it is truly de bes!! Congrats on all your ribbons!