The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Services for Mickey Hill - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Services for Mickey Hill (/showthread.php?tid=2737)

Services for Mickey Hill - LeeAnne - 11-07-2010

Debbie of Moonlight Villa's is participating in organizing some of these gatherings, in honour of Mickey Hill. I thought some of you may want to participate in one way or another.

From Debbie:

This is what will be happening in regards to Mickey.

On Saturday Nov 13th there
will be a peaceful demonstration starting at 9:30am at Sunrise. The
march will go down to the round about, up to Alfreds and then end at
Sunrise. Please wear white shirts with "Justice for Mickey Hill." For
...those of us not in Negril please wear white on Saturday to show your
support.

On Tuesday Nov. 16th there will be a candlelight vigil at Sunset, I will have to get details on where the vigil will be held.
All those who are not in Jamaica we ask that you light a candle as well.

It is with a heavier heart that I say this- Thursday Nov 18th will be Mickey's funeral services in Negril. The funeral will start at
1pm at the Presbyterian Church, more details to follow. As you know with Jamaican tradition his wake will be the night of Nov 17th.

Mickey's loss has had an impact on many communities outside of Negril. Here in Hanover I heard people talking of his murder, with much pain & sadness in their voices.

RIP Mickey.

Re: Services for Mickey Hill - Alexandra - 11-07-2010

Thank you for sharing this information. May he rest in peace. Much love, thoughts, and prayers to his family and friends.

This is truly a heartbreaking story, and I hope that justice can be found.

Re: Services for Mickey Hill - Jenny - 11-07-2010

Blessings to all his family, friends & now lonely dog. Much sadness right now. I hope & pray for their comfort in being with one another & supporting one another in the coming week. I sincerely hope that someone will get some video of the demonstration & also interview people who knew Mickey & then make sure that the governmental folks see it all. This did NOT have to go this way. Very sloppy police work with horrifying consequences. This has got to change, I bet Mickey would say that!!

Re: Services for Mickey Hill - rastagirl777 - 11-08-2010

Its a wake up call. For everyone. For those of you who live on island, this is your home and you must stand up and speak up and tell the powers that be - ENOUGH! For those of us who visit...those letters are powerful. A unified cry to stop the madness MIGHT make a difference.

LeeAnne, with all due respect, expats do not need to worry much about police shooting them down in Jamaica. Sadly, this is the truth. But it certainly doesn't make it RIGHT. Mickey is one of a long list of innocents shot and killed by police in Jamaica. These banditos claiming to be "police" shot the WRONG guy this time and its about to rain crap all over them. I haven't seen Negril mobilized like this in many, many, MANY years.

Here at home I'm surprised, no SHOCKED that there is not more of an outcry in our very own homegrown police shooting in Oakland last New Years Day. Oscar Grant's murderer, an Oakland cop, received a TWO YEAR sentence. His excuse? He's an idiot. He admitted so in open court.

Stop the madness!!! Justice for Mickey Hill and all the others that suffer from governmental oppression!