The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Police - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Police (/showthread.php?tid=2540)

Police - Jenny - 11-05-2010

This tragedy of Mickey Hill being shot in cold blood for seemingly no reason at all has me wondering. . .how is it that people get to become policemen in Jamaica?? What is their interviewing & hiring process like? What are the educational requirements in order to apply for position of Police Officer? I know here in the U.S., candidates must have a high school diploma & then must take written, oral & psychological tests & undergo an extensive interview process -- what is the equivalent in Jamaica? After that, what is their training process? Is there a multi-week training that each recruit must undergo, where extensive known strategies for dealing with crime are given to the future policemen, before each "graduates" to the police force? What happens to each man/woman between the hiring process & hitting a beat on the street? What is the pay? How are policemen/women regarded by Jamaican society; are they respected (doubtful) or are they seen to just be bullies carrying weapons?

Re: Police - Suz - 11-05-2010

Yardee! Gleaner News Blog - bringing Jamaica to Jamaicans and the World

* Home
* Women Observer
* contact
* about

Tropical Weather: Hurricane Tomas Tracking Map
Tropical Storm Tomas
New Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) recruitment policy

PERSONS ENTERING the Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) will now have to undergo more stringent vetting as the Government embarks on a new policy of recruitment. Recruits will now be required to do a polygraph or lie detector test…

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Re: Police - jitterbug - 11-05-2010

jenny, one of rex's newphews is in the process right now of getting through . . . very minimal requirements . . . both of my son in laws are police officers here and the scrutny they went through was huge. nothing like that in ja . . . you have to be able to half ass read to obtain your drivers and they train you how to shoot . . . . as soon as you get on they ship the newbies to the other end of the country, out of their parish.

Re: Police - Mattjamaica - 11-05-2010

I guess Teachers may get paid more as they are required to have a degree or diploma (however,not all do, most do).
The cops have it tough in Ja, they are a quite often a target and if they don't take our their target, they will go down, hence why they usually shoot to kill, and although in some cases the killings were not provoked, it was because they know that person had a bad history, and the justice system sucks, so it's better to clean the streets their way. Jungle justice style. I'm not referring to the incident in this thread, this is just a generalisation I have picked up from the rum bars and some police I know.

Re: Police - Roozie - 11-06-2010

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Hill family.