The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Puppy update - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Puppy update (/showthread.php?tid=2205)

Puppy update - Jamaicame - 11-01-2010

For those that were interested before, I just thought I'd give an update on the puppies that for a short time decided to make my home their home.

Mama and Rex (Mama originally was given another name, but she always just responded to Mama better so even though she's never been nor never will be a Mama she's still Mama) came to me close to a month ago and I kept them until I was able to take them to the Spay and Neuter clinic (what a fantastic thing that was) a little over a week ago. Both have now finsihed all their medication and are doing fantastically. They both have been properly wormed as well.

Both Mama and Rex are in my neighborhood, Mama I can see just by going out in my back yard and Rex is just down the road. Both have been adopted by seemingly nice families, with the oldest boys caring for the puppies (and boys are good friends too so they've been walking the dogs back and forth to each others houses). We've had the "talk" about what it means to be a a dog owner, how you care for a dog, what a dog needs, and what they are in no way allowed to do otherwise I'd take the dogs back immediately. They know they are being watched too. It's kind of sad that one of the neighbors is already trying to convince on of them to cut the dogs tail off to make it tough. I said if he even considered it I was taking the dog now, and if I saw that he did I would take it no matter what.. the reply was "no Miss, no Miss, I would never do that. It's cruel and I'm not like them!" Both boys seem to truly love the dogs, one made a dog house and the other setup a whole area under his house complete with a toy holder and all.

Puppies were delievered with an 18lb bag of dog food, collar, leash, 20ft tieout, flea/tick wash, water/food dishes. Now, if I can only get heartworm prevention (I'm due to get it and for my 3 dogs too and it's not cheap) for them... I'd love to afford 6 months for them to start them off. Any suggestions where to get it cheap?

Both dogs are doing well at their new homes, Mama is having a little harder time adjusting. She is really attached to me (and me to her, man it was HARD- I cried) and when they've taken her off the long tieout to play with her she makes a break for my house and I hear her going nuts outside of the gate trying to get in with the boy running up after her. Where Rex is just like a little boy- running and playing with anyone, she's cuddly and just wants me for the most part. Sad

Both boys have stopped by with the dogs to get tips on things, and they both know that if this hurricane hits they are to bring them to me as I'll allow them in the house.

So that's it, that's the update. I still feel bad about Mama.... I just can't handle 4 dogs, nor can I afford 4 of them. I went through double the food I usually do having those two puppies here because they hadn't eaten properly prior.

Below (if it works) is a picture of them waiting at the Spay and neuter clinic.

Re: Puppy update - Jenny - 11-01-2010

Oh, J'me, what a great story! I know how you miss them, but look at it this way - you are very close & won't ever go long without seeing them. And the new owners (other than the tail thing) sound great! Especially the boys - you know, all kids seem to LOVE dogs! So not only do these boys love them, but they seem to be taking responsibility with them VERY seriously. It will be a great experience both for the boys AND the dogs! For dogs love likkle kids too! What you did was great!

The heartworm preventative is a toughie. . .I not know where you can get that cheaply. Here in the U.S., I order my dogs' Interceptor from a website place, but I don't guess that you can do that in Jamaica, right?? You actually have to have a prescription from your vet to order it on-line!! Did the International Spay/Neuter in Jamaica folks who ran the clinic have any ideas on that?

Re: Puppy update - DAWN - 11-01-2010

What a heartwarming story..you are a good soul!