The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Shadow- Off Topic - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Shadow- Off Topic (/showthread.php?tid=2184)

Shadow- Off Topic - Bruce - 11-01-2010

I know many of you care about animals the way I do so I thought I would post this here.

I lost my best pal Shadow Saturday. We adopted Shadow 13 years ago from the Humane Society when he was just 6 months old. He was brought to the Society as a new pup and was adopted after a couple of months and brought back after just a few days because he was not perfect,and he remained there until we adopted him. He was an independent soul just like I am. One year ago he was diagnosed with cancer,but the treatment was keeping him in pretty good shape. In January he took a turn for the worse and I made an appointment to put him out of his misery. My wife was not ready yet so the vet changed the treatment and he was better in a couple of days and within a few more days he was in really great shape for a 12 year old dog. He had a really good summer,but 6 days ago things changed and we were going to take him Saturday morning to put an end to his troubles. Friday night we prayed that he would go peacefully in his sleep. At 6:00 am Saturday I got up to check on him and while I was petting him he just quietly went to sleep. I will miss him greatly.

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - Suz - 11-01-2010

So sorry for your loss, Bruce - Love the pictures, especially the snowy one. He looks like a great happy dog who lived a wonderful life.

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - jabailey - 11-01-2010

What a handsome fellow he was! It's obvious by his smile what a great home you gave him. I'm very sorry for your loss, Bruce. xoxo

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - dreadneck - 11-01-2010

Sorry to hear that, Bruce. He was a beautiful dog, and I'm sure a great companion. Great pictures, btw.

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - Jenny - 11-01-2010

Not off-topic here, my friend! Shadow is a beautiful boy, and it is totally obvious that he lived a wonderful life! You have my complete understanding of your profound sense of loss. How amazing that you went to him at 6 am & were able to comfort him as he passed. Although hard, that was a real blessing. I/we will be thinking of you in the coming days, Bruce. Know that Shadow lived the best life a dog could ever! May the sweet memories, and yes, those wonderful pictures, comfort you.

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - Jenny - 11-02-2010

Bruce, I've really been thinking about you, hoping that you're hanging in there. I know the 1st few days ya feel so numb & it's hard to do even simple things. This is what kept me going last year about this time when we lost Corky, it's a beautiful poem & sentiment called the "Rainbow Bridge":

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...."

Author unknown...

Re: Shadow- Off Topic - Winni - 11-02-2010

He was a lucky dog to have you both...

Nice he went in his sleep with you at his side.