The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm Back - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: I'm Back (/showthread.php?tid=1972)

I'm Back - Tammy - 10-31-2010

Had a wonderful couple days with my Sister and now I'm back and not quite ready for work but might as well get ready because it's happening in just a few hours now like it or not. Dang week went fast and I really didn't do much of anything except relax.

A likkle not so funny thing did happen. NOt so funny to me but dam funny for my sister, so much so she pissed herself. Well glad she got a good laugh on my behalf.

So we decided we would have a Sisters day out on Friday and get a pedicure, ride around a little, have some dinner, just whatever moves us. So she suggest a place called Paul Mitchell Beauty Academy as I have also wanted to have my eyebrows waxed and tinted for a very long time and Friday seemed a good day to finally get it done. NOw as you can probably tell by the name of the place it is a school for budding cosmetology students. Seriously how hard can it be to wax an eyebrow and do a little tint? Obviously real dam hard for an IDIOT. So we get there to find out they don't do pedis but they do take care of the eyebrows so here I go back to get beautiful. Just want to add because it was Halloween Weekend some of the students were dressed up in costumes, mine was dressed as a Pirate. That should have been my first sign to leave immediately but noooo I was determined to get this done. So I sit down and he gets me all covered up (thought this was kinda odd for eyebrows) and then excuses himself for a minute. He soon comes back with what I guess is supposed to be his trainer. She didn't look too interested to help him or even look at me at all. I watch her as she pulls out a capsule for him and opens it up to pour in this little jar which he then mixes with a little water. Remember INSTRUCTOR chooses color capsule. He starts applying it to my eyebrows and as she leaves she says just clean it up a little. OK at this point it starts getting crazy. So he cleans and he cleans and he cleans, then he excuses himself for a moment and then returns with another cleaning agent and he cleans, and he cleans, and he cleans only to excuse himself again and return with another cleaning agent to do the same cleaning process again. OK you think my eyebrow area was feeling a little warm by now? Uh yeah but we are nowhere close to the end of the rubbing, cleaning, or the different chemicals used to try and clean with. No after he tried 3 himself he leaves and returns with someone else to try her hand at three more and then she leaves to send what turns out to be a Manager to try her hand and yet 3 more. By now my eyebrow area felt like it was on fire and I'm asking what's the problem, what's going on, uh we not doing no wax now because at this point I'm feeling pain and wax may just take off a layer of skin instead of only hair. So Manger finishes and darts out the door without even a grunt, Mr. Pirate comes and removes my cover and request I follow him. So I come out those doors and my Sister screams WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO? and then proceeds to fall down in the floor laughing so hard she couldn't even get up. The Pirate's face was one of total fear but mind you I have no idea why she is laughing hysterically as I have yet to see a mirror. So he hands me a ticket and although I haven't see the work I immediately say I know you not charging me for the pain I just endured, he just looks at me with a blank face so I start toward the front. By this time everyone is looking at me and my sister is in tears and just acting a dam fool.

I get up front and tell the lady that I am not paying for nothing due to the pain I just endured and I never even got the wax because my face couldn't take anymore abuse. So she says well we can't wave the fee but I will get a manager, OK so you do that because I am not paying NOTHING. OK well Sister is still crying and everyone is looking so I start trying to find a mirror. Obviously my eyebrows have got to be more than just red from all those chemicals and the scrubbing because people are looking to hard and Sis is still laughing and crying. OMG when I found that mirror I about went ballistic up in that place. These idiots had died my eyebrows jet black. Now see I have Red/Blond hair so what kind of freakin idiot would think my eyebrows should be BLACK? I'm no cosmetologist but even I would know a person with Blond or red hair don't have no dam black eyebrows. Here is a good example of what my eyebrows looked like sitting above my eyes and on a face that has freckles and fair skin. I looked like I was preparing for Halloween.

I went off the deep end. Needless to say the same manager that had came in and worked on my eyebrows and then quickly disappeared came to the front and said no charge then politely opened the doors for us to leave. I was then in a pannick and desperate to find a salon to at least wax them to make them less bushy and black so ended up at JCPenny. They were able to wax but there was absolutely nothing they could do about the color so I have been forced to live with Black eyebrows now for 3 days. I'm about to try peroxide and if they fall out then it could be no worse than what I see every time I look in the mirror at this point. WARNING OF ADVICE: NEVER GO TO PAUL MITCHELL BEAUTY ACADEMY FOR NOTHING and if you MUST have any kind of tint done then please go to a reputable salon and ALWAYS check the color before they apply it. BE PROACTIVE or end up like me ... SCREWED and looking like Charlie Chaplin for 3-4 weeks.

Re: I'm Back - Likkle Red - 10-31-2010

OMG...an experience of a life time!! So sorry for the black eyebrows...but in time they will fade as all color does. You had me rolling with your descriptions!

Check your email asap please *NM* - Mrs B - 10-31-2010

Re: I'm Back - Jenny - 10-31-2010

Oooo, Tammy, I'm so sorry! Jeez! Those sister-days are kinda dangerous. You have quite a way with words, it's nearly like it's happening to me too the way you tell it. Gurl. . .you have a lot of patience & will have to endure this for awhile longer yet. . .hang in there, doggone it!!! And speaking of dogs, go hug yours, they not look at you eyebrows & be critical! Hugs!

Re: I'm Back - jitterbug - 10-31-2010

omg tammy, i laughed till i cried . . . you're a good sport

Re: I'm Back - Angel - 10-31-2010

Good thing that was all they did, or were able to do. Thought you were going to say you ended up with another color or no eyebrows at all.

Re: I'm Back - IrieLita or Coopie - 11-01-2010

oh my god! that's all I can say :-O

Re: I'm Back - jabailey - 11-01-2010

The picture visual at the end of your experience (sorry for your troubles Tammy)makes things pretty clear.. but come on, go one step further - post a picture of you with eyebrows from hell, and your sister about to get wet crotch rash and then we'll ALL wet our pants!!

I love that you can laugh at your woes. Sure better than crying!

Re: I'm Back - Winni - 11-01-2010

OMG! I'm sitting here at work loosing it..... LMAF

Sweet Jeasus, LOL, too funny..... Sorry girl, but I can see you at the door absolutely hell bent...

ooooweeeee....