The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Visiting Angie.... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Visiting Angie.... (/showthread.php?tid=18913)

Visiting Angie.... - jajewel - 04-11-2011

A while back, I mentioned something about a helper we had for a time that had diabeatus (sp?) and had an injured toe that got infected and had to be amputated....a short time later the infection returned & it was decided that her whole foot had to be amputated just below the knee. That was "Angie"

After we took our guest to the airport yesterday, we decided to take a drive out & give her a surprise visit, since I had some food stuff to give her, plus we had oranges & nuff banana extra fi de pickney dem.

It was a beautiful day, but sun HOT!....after going through the canefields, passing Long Pond rum factory & going through a sleepy, Sunday Clarkstown, we continued up the road into the cockpits.....passed many fields with so many donkeys I couldn't believe it....we parked at the bottom of a country lane & walked the rest of the way, since the road was terrible.

She was sitting inside a one room with a pot cooking on a wood fire on her doorstep....yes, she was surprised. My husband has gone out there to take her things several times but this is the first time I've seen her since the surgery. I managed it better than I thought I would.

I had carried three chocolate chip cookies for her kids that I made. She has a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl that live with her in the room.

As I watched the kids eating the cookies I was mesmerized. The little girl took tiny, tiny bits off the edge or picked out a nut or chocolate chip....savoring every morsel....I've NEVER seen a child make a cookie last that long!! Some people have so little.....really makes you appreciate what you have & give thanks.

I enjoyed seeing Angie & pickney & also really enjoyed just taking a ride out, just me & my hubby (doesn't happen very often!)

Re: Visiting Angie.... - Sprat - 04-11-2011

That is so nice Cher...

What a wonderful surprise that must have been for her. Thanks for sharing.... Smile

Re: Visiting Angie.... - Mrs B - 04-11-2011

~ jajewel ~ wrote:

'She has a 5 year old boy and an 8 year old girl
that live with her in the room. '

You said it Cher. Very many living like that up in the country. 1 room for 4 people. Wood fire on front porch to cook Sunday dinner.

You have humbled my heart today. Thank You.

Thank You for Sharing. Bless the Hands that give...

Re: Visiting Angie.... - monk - 04-11-2011

Amitabha.

_/\_