The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Yay! I found a place to rest my head! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2010 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Yay! I found a place to rest my head! (/showthread.php?tid=1834)

Yay! I found a place to rest my head! - jeannieb - 10-29-2010

I finally found a place to stay. We are heading back to Great Bay. Our friend told us he'd look for a place for us to rent. Then our friend told us that he was at the Pedro Cays until December so I put out a message on tb.net saying we needed a place to rent. I had a few offers come through that were cheap and we reserved one of them. A 2 bedroom house for $50usd a night. When the woman looked at the schedule, it was booked. Back to the drawing board.

Got a call the other day from our friend who is back from the cays for a couple weeks. He found us a place. I talked to the woman and she told me to 'call back tomorrow'. I called back but her uncle had passed away and she hadn't gotten a price for us yet.

I called back today to ask the price and she said "twenty five a night". "$25 dollars a night?" I asked. That's a good price! She says, "No, $2500 a night". I hesitated and said "well, that is too much for us, we can't afford that". She laughed. "No mon! Jamaican $2500 a night." Then she said "$25,000. for your entire stay. 11 nights". It's like we get a night free!

I know this place too. It's a two level house with the owner upstairs and the rental unit downstairs. A few years ago we were hunting for some cooking wood for our lobsters when we found a pile. A man came running down the hill yelling "That's my wood!" We threw it all back down and appologised profusely. He said it was no big deal and gave us a few peices anyway. The next day we took a few Guinness to his house as a peace offering. He told us we didn't have to do that. Well, as it turns out, he remembered us and it is house we are renting part of.

If you can't tell, I am really excited. This place overlooks Great Bay. It is right behind our favorite bar and close to the grocery store. Beach, bar, food, friends and bed. I could not ask for anything more.

Re: Yay! I found a place to rest my head! - ohliz - 10-29-2010

Sounds great, can't wait to hear about it! When is your trip?

Re: Yay! I found a place to rest my head! - jitterbug - 10-29-2010

jeannie, is the house in the vicinity of the beach? . . . i found that unless i stayed right on the beach in tb the barking dogs all night long drove me crazy . . .

Re: Yay! I found a place to rest my head! - R00TS - 10-29-2010

that sounds idamdeal! I'd be excited too!
Someone show a pic of the bay there...pleeeeze