The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Judging a Book by it's Cover - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Judging a Book by it's Cover (/showthread.php?tid=17257)

Judging a Book by it's Cover - Eco - 03-27-2011

Note- yeah stuff from TA but that is a horrible place to discuss stuff IMHO.

#1 So....if a place looks ugly and like a shack on the outside will that prevent you from doing them business?

#2 Will this also prompt you to basically bash them on the largest JA related forum? By bash, I mean to create an image of potentially bad health issues with a threat to visitors?

Just wondering since most of the places that I do business with for food and entertainment I guess are a little rough around the edges. Hands down, I've found that the best of the best are places that put 90-100% of their effort into what goods and or services they provide rather than putting that money into a fancy store front.

Re: Judging a Book by it's Cover - Likkle Red - 03-27-2011

I agree with you...most of the food I eat comes from side road places..not much to look at but clean kitchens and good food.

I do go out for a nice evening every now and then and then yes I do go to say Ivan's or to Rockhouse.

Re: Judging a Book by it's Cover - Eco - 03-28-2011

~ Eco ~ wrote:

'#1 So....if a place looks ugly and like a shack on the outside will that prevent you from doing them business? #2 Will this also prompt you to basically bash them on the largest JA related forum? By bash, I mean to create an image of potentially bad health issues with a threat to visitors?'

My intent was to touch on the two questions in the quote, not to discuss the strip club. Also, not an attempt to drag drama in from over there. Just a "hmmm...interesting I wonder if others have the same views" type of thread. Call me dumb or assume that I'm playing dumb, I just want to know:

So....let's change the words...

#1 In Jamaica, does the outside appearance of a business determine if you will do business with them?

#2 If you decide to take your business elsewhere, do you feel the need to let the world know your ill feelings about a place that you never did business with?

Re: Judging a Book by it's Cover - suzen grace - 03-31-2011

I'm down with going to Cuba...Would go in a heartbeat when us USA'ers are allowed.

As far as Scrub dub, etc...Had a blast and they played some of the best dance music at 3am..

Went there with a good local friend a couple guy friends so felt very comfortable..

Would I go back again yeah, Bottom line..it is what it is..a strip club, lots locals, late nite , and some damn good music...

In Jam..you got always take the rose-colored glasses off...

Re: Judging a Book by it's Cover - Rastapher - 04-02-2011

So......what's the going rate?