The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Just did my "weekly" check and.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Just did my "weekly" check and.. (/showthread.php?tid=16585)

Just did my "weekly" check and.. - oldtimer - 03-20-2011

am wondering...why do people want to bring coolers to the beach when they are suppose to be helping the local economy.If a beer costs $2.50 CND so what.Are you having 500 or something ???? if each bar sold those styrofoam beer teddies that would be a great souvener.After all if you drink your own beer,eat your own lunch and then want to use their facilites ??? is everyone turning into a Smith or something ???? hehehe

Re: Just did my "weekly" check and.. - Blues Pirate - 03-20-2011

Here's my take on it. Some people are just too friggin lazy to get off their fat ass to walk 20ft. to the bar for a refill.

Re: Just did my "weekly" check and.. - Eco - 03-20-2011

~ oldtimer ~ wrote:

'am wondering...why do people want to bring coolers to the beach when they are suppose to be helping the local economy.

Supporting the local economy? It's a vacation for some/most nothing more. If we focused on supporting a "local" economy in need with the current economy where most of us live we should never leave home. Any attempts at a logical discussion that Jamaican's are more in need of our money than our neighbors back at home are fruitless since many countries are far worse off than Jamaica.

So...I suggest buying beer from the worse country in need, importing it to Jamaica and under pricing the locals in order to spread the wealth a little more even.

Take the above comments with a grain of salt...think that's the term.

In reference to "turning into Smith", MOST of us can only budget $$$-$$$$ a year for vacations. MOST of us also want to get as many vacation days as possible. As I mentioned in another thread a few days ago, the difference between buying cheap beer can add days to my vacation. If Smith can survive in JA for 30 days on a single US dollar that's his business. Lol, if he lives in a mansion and has $$$,$$$,$$$,$$$ in the bank collecting dust then maybe we should call him a cheap b*stard.

I need around 2-3 months a year of vacation time spread out into 2 week stays all the way down to long weekends. If it was 5 years ago, I could afford to stay in nice hotels and never look at prices. Back then a $500 a day budget was not too much, now that same $500 needs to last me over a week. Some of us still have large vacation budgets while others like me collect our pocket change to make our vacations happen.

In reference to using a place while bringing our own food and drink....I've never heard of someone being that cheap. That is almost evil cheap in my opinion. Now smuggling in a flask of rum.....that's another story.

BTW, I know your post was made on the lighter side but it chews my ass when people suggest that others should be able to go on a vacation without any thoughts of how the should spend money....money that they might not have in some cases.

Re: Just did my "weekly" check and.. - dreadneck - 03-20-2011

~ oldtimer ~ wrote:

'am wondering...why do people want to bring coolers to the beach when they are suppose to be helping the local
economy.'

I don't get it, OT, it's a lot more convenient. Doesn't that count?