The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Sprat :) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Sprat :) (/showthread.php?tid=15431)

Sprat :) - jabailey - 03-10-2011

Just so everyone else understands that you and I have NO disagreement, and that I am not telling guests not to stay at Xtabi! I know that you have stayed there for many years, and in fact it is one of the reasons we considered it. I believe that the staff (mostly) is top notch, and I think we could have been happy there. If I had a "regular" place that I was happy with, I too would defend the property. Point: If anyone says anything bad about Deb L, I'll defend her, her business, and her yard practices to the death. However, I won't be silenced about our experience at any other place, and were it a place you didn't consider home you would want other boardies to share their personal experience. I know it stings,only because you have been treated as family there, and it hurts if it's unkind words about a place you love. I'd have ruffled feathers, too Smile xoxoxoxo
I think what bobo and I learned was, when dealing with a new place, if one person offers a deal involving cash, RUN! It wasn't a "too good to be true deal", btw. We actually often pay cash to avoid foreign transaction fees, so our feelers didn't go up. At this point, we would NEVER stay at Xtabi, but if our friends choose to (It is a lovely property)I advise paying with credit card so you can take it up with your CC company if the terms change.

I have the utmost respect for you, and know you believe what happened to us, and also know that it is your home away from home. You are lucky to have that!! Next reach, do extend my best wishes to Michael, Sharon, and Omar - the great staff I met while visiting friends Smile

Re: Sprat :) - DAWN - 03-10-2011

You are a class act Jeanine!

Re: Sprat :) - Sprat - 03-11-2011

Nicely said Jeanine...and do understand, I have no issues with you alerting to others what transpired between you and Xtabi...believe me, if it was us, I most certainly wouldn't be silent.

My defense for Xtabi...as you already stated, is because it is a place that works for us. We have had misunderstandings there as well, dealt with it head on, and MOST times, they worked things out for us. For that reason, along with the staff and friends in the vicinity, we have been faithful and because we have no other reason not to be.

I am truly sorry that it went down like that, and I know you and Bobo would have enjoyed your stay there with your friends. SmileBTW...we do pay in cash for our stays.

And Wit...I am terribly disappointed about what happened to you...not good treatment at all, and should NOT have happened.

In the past 2 years, since Allan & Janet left there have been two other couples mananaging the property and now the present management. So...as you can see, our dealings have been with others in the past...and things change as often as we visit.

So with that said, we all have the right to our opinions..and choices and understanding each others feelings, is no doubt what's most important.

Jeanine ...the respect is mutual...give Bobo my best!

Cheers ladies... and have an awesome weekend!