The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Inspired by Medicvet - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2011 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+---- Thread: Inspired by Medicvet (/showthread.php?tid=11604)

Inspired by Medicvet - doctoro - 01-28-2011

After having a good time viewing everyone's pictures, I was wondering what people who have only stayed in Negril think of all of the many wonderful places shared here. And just came pon this from medicvet, I hope she doesn't mind, but I would be curious of the responses from those who move around the island and stay in other parts of the island.

Care to share?
=====================================================

medicvet 1/27/2011, 9:48 pm oops..hit send too soon..

anyway, I was wondering when I saw the pic of the construction if that was Fun Holiday..but I'm loving all of these pics..they make me want to see more of Jamaica than Negril..and here is a confession..

I don't like Treasure Beach. There. I said it. I was raised in SoCal, and frankly, it's just too much like a desert for my taste, and the beach isn't a great swim one that I have seen..but then again..maybe it's like guacamole..I didn't like that the first time I tried it either..

except the pics I see mostly reinforce my opinion..and doesn't make me want to see more..and I always thought of Port Antonio as someplace nice to want to visit but never really have the money or time to make trip of it since it would be longer than a day..but these pics for some reason..the ones posted on this and a few other threads, have really got me to thinking..I really love the lushness of some areas..how completely green everything was..areas like Reach falls..or even just shots traveling through it..and I know the roads aren't the best..but if I could make a day trip and travel along areas like that maybe stopping along the way I would love to do something like that someday..areas up in the hills where there are other waterfalls..would something like that be doable? I would love to hear from ya'll on this..unless that's a thread hijack and if so just say so if I should start another thread..I am really loving these pics..I guess I'm more of a country girl than I ever thought I was..because I find myself really wanting to see these places for myself too.. [quote from medicvet]

Re: Inspired by Medicvet - suzen grace - 01-28-2011

I crave getting out and exploring...Love the cockpit country, and esp. Port antonio and Yallis...
But still have many other places on my to do list..

I can see peoples point just chilling in Negril...but really..it's like reading only one page from a book...There's so much more out there...Jam is NOT just Negril..

and you really want to exp it..then take route taxis... Thats the route i went last time out to Trelawny from Negril..of course I was with my b-friend who knew how to navigate it all-so made it stress free for me..But its still not rocket science-and so cheap....

Hoping to rent a car and yes drive on the other side this next time..Just cant believe how $$$ it is to rent...and my Credit card company wont cover Jam for liability,etc..so even cost more...
Oh well, such is life...

But yeah, cant beleive some people been going to Negril for decades and never get out of there..have no idea what the rest of Jam is like...I think its kind of sad...