The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music (1/12/24) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music (1/12/24) (/showthread.php?tid=103488)

Friday Music (1/12/24) - Firemon - 01-11-2024

Sharon Jones' backup singers The Dapettes.

Though Saundra Williams and Starr Duncan Lowe grew up mere blocks from each other in New York City’s northern most borough, The Bronx, it wasn’t until a Thursday in 1986 that the two actually crossed paths at an open mic night at a club called Carl’s Off the Corner in Harlem. With a mutual respect for each other’s talent as singers along with a shared musical aesthetic, the two became fast friends. Shortly after, they began performing with a local singer whose frequent gigs at the Apollo kept them busy for the next few years. Both were living in New Jersey sometime after that gig had ended when Saundra went to audition for a successful wedding band whose lead singer happened to be none other than Miss Sharon Jones. Unbeknownst to Saundra, her old friend Starr was also vying for the position. The chemistry between the three singers was instant and undeniable and after a brief meeting with the band, both Saundra and Starr were hired to sing lead alongside Sharon. The ladies performed with the group under the apt moniker The Good ‘N Plenty Girls (though within the group they were given the nickname “Triple S Threat”) for much of the 1990’s. The girls kept in touch in some form or another throughout the 2000’s but it wasn’t until the release of Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings’ 2008 album ‘I Learned the Hard Way’ that the three joined vocal forces again. Now performing as Sharon’s backup singers, Saun and Starr quickly acclimated to the group and were soon re-christened as The Dapettes.

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - oldtimer - 01-12-2024

Really , Really nice !!!!!!!

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - kylake - 01-12-2024

Thanks Firemon!
Adding a 20 minute set by Theo Katzman

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - TAH - 01-12-2024

I didn't want to make a new thread to ask, so forgive my slight sidetrack; Firemon, how are your botanicals doing? 

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - Firemon - 01-14-2024

Well, the sexuality of the botanicals has been ascertained and the females have been repotted and sequestered along with the males being culled. A Royal Cherry nursery has also been established. Sadly there will not be a corresponding Pine Tar nursery as the gardener misplaced a popsicle stick with identifying data and guesswork doesn't cut it. Any furtherance of the Pine Tar lineage will be clones only. Kicks dirt with foot while saying "Shucks." Aside from that everything is beautiful.

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - TAH - 01-14-2024

Definitely hold onto the Pine Tar x RWC cuts, those have been the most special group of plants I've made in a while. Not every one is great, but more good than bad for sure. Guesswork is okay in my book, it's just for personal use anyway. 

Trying to think back to what I sent you; I know there was Pine Tar x Royale w Cherries, and I think Motorbreath 15 x RWC. Then IIRC, I sent some replacements from postal folks smashing a pack... but not sure what I sent. Might have been from the random Pine Tar cross jar, not sure. 

Anyhow, I hope you find something you enjoy. The Pine Tar x RWC is my go to night time smoke, when I want to fall asleep. 

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - Firemon - 01-15-2024

There were two packets of seeds: 1) Pine Tar Mix and 2) MB15/RWC. Calling them Pine Tar and Royal Cherry for convenience sake.

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - TAH - 01-16-2024

That's what I thought they were. 

Got some new stuff in the mail today. Another "Jamaican Lambsbreath" (though I don't believe that to be a real strain name, just reference to good herb), some Swazi Gold IBL, Congo Black, Kerala, Oaxaca, and an older Thai line. Fun times ahead.

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - Firemon - 01-16-2024

Fun hobby indeed.

I took 28 gms of smallish Jack Herer Blueberry buds and processed them with ice extraction bubble bags and produced a bit of hash-hish for Christmas/New Years. It was exceptionally gratifying to experience that aroma/taste/flavor again.

RE: Friday Music (1/12/24) - TAH - 01-17-2024

Nice! I've also recently (the past couple of years) been growing mescal cacti species. Everyone knows about peyote, but there are many other species of San Pedro cactus that also produce the active compounds. Don't get me wrong, it's only a once a year thing for me to indulge in, but it's a profound spiritual experience. And it's a lot of fun growing cacti, they're so resilient it's amazing. I have a couple that I haven't planted yet, have had them for two years and they're still alive with no roots or soil. I find that incredible.