The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
N75 fishing end 2023 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: N75 fishing end 2023 (/showthread.php?tid=103470)

N75 fishing end 2023 - oldtimer - 12-06-2023

Good day mate,
i thought I would give you the latest on the fishing industry in NS .
There was 17% of the Tuna quota not caught . The pay for the CDN fishers was so far out of wack that they stopped fishing Tuna . In turn they gave it to the US boys BUT !!!! the warning was " don't think for one second that you will put a line in NS waters !!!! " They agreed across the board . So now the native fishery said they would stop fishing in St Mary's Bay ( Bay of Fundy by Digby ) for the 17% left . There are a lot of really nice fish around so that would be a bonus for them . BUT !!!!!! not fishing in St Marys Bay is where they shouldn't be fishing anyway !!!!!! IT IS THE NURSERY !!!!! and 99% of the lobsters caught are BREEDING FEMALES !!!!!!!!! How well did you think that went over ???? .
Next the natives were given 7,500 traps to fish the Band Quota and they are piggy backing them on REAL !!!!! licenses and are leaseing them out to anyone that will pay the price . Guess how that went over !!!!! There is going to be WAR !!!!! mark my words !!!!!!!!!!! There will be people killed !!!!
You can ask the fishers from your area and they will tell you the same thing . I am not against the native fishery I'm against how they are doing it with no regard for tomorrow !!!!!

RE: N75 fishing end 2023 - Negril75 - 12-07-2023

Number 4 Bobby ORR,

Thanks for the updates and honestly I had no idea how any of the quotas worked. I was told by a lobsterman from DownEast Maine that the Tuna fisheries off the Bay of Fundy in northern coastal Maine is for whatever reasons pretty much dead. His son (a fisherman) moved down coast to Portland to resume catching Tuna.

As far as the laws for Native fisherman goes I have no knowledge what they are. I know there is a reservation up near Lubec (across from Campobello Island, NB) but honestly I don't know how much of a Native Fishery exists.

I hope that whatever happens for you all in NS it's positive!!

Regards,
John

RE: N75 fishing end 2023 - oldtimer - 12-07-2023

The Tuna are not in The Bay of Fundy they are in The Hell Hole which is along the Cdn/US line 125-150 miles south of NS. That's a long way out for a 45ft boat . Having enough fuel is always a factor . This is not a " rosie " situation at the moment .