The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Bud Bags - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bud Bags (/showthread.php?tid=103467)

Bud Bags - Firemon - 11-28-2023

Anyone have any recent information on the cost of bud bags these days?

RE: Bud Bags - kylake - 11-29-2023

Is this what you mean. I just picked one but Amazon has several different sized to choose from.
https://www.amazon.com/Resealable-Packaging-Dispensary-Business-Front-2-5x2-75/dp/B092W9MTQ4/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Dispensary%2BPackaging&qid=1701296655&sr=8-5&th=1

RE: Bud Bags - Firemon - 11-30-2023

Not exactly, but it wouldn't surprise me if Amazon starts selling weed online down the line.

Bud bags are small bags of weed (enough to roll a couple monster spliffs) you purchase at venues after traveling to get somewhere without any weed in your pockets for Mr. Cop to find if your taxi get stopped along the route. Once upon a time (I know, sounds like a fairytale) they were only 50J. Then it was 100J, later 300J-500J.

Of course the level of enforcement has changed over the years as well. I recall a day when Red Stripes used to smell your fingers to detect ganja use and if you failed the test you'd get searched. Rumor had it a trip to the Negril jail was rather unpleasant.

RE: Bud Bags - Negril75 - 11-30-2023

I remember when you would get a brown paper bag (like old time supermarket sized ones) full of Ganja for $10 USD and the Jamaicans used the same brown paper to roll huge spliffs like Bob Marley size on his album cover.

If my memory is correct the Negril Cop Shop used to be on the left side as you headed to the west end a little ways out of Negril downtown. It was like a trailer with barbed wire around it not a formal building per say. What went on inside I'll never know but it couldn't have been good!!

RE: Bud Bags - kylake - 11-30-2023

The Negril police station is now on the right side as you head to Sav. As far as ganja it is now legal/decriminalized to have up to 2 oz I believe.

"In 2015, Jamaica took the same route and decriminalized the possession of up to two ounces of marijuana with no risk of retribution. It’s important to note that there is a big difference between decriminalized and legalized. What this means is that while you may not get a criminal offense for possessing this much marijuana, you can be subject to a fine if caught."

The whole article here:
https://www.exploringcaribbean.com/weed-legal-jamaica/

RE: Bud Bags - Firemon - 12-02-2023

The stories I could tell.

RE: Bud Bags - Negril75 - 12-04-2023

Firemon,

We're all ears!! All stories are good stories!!

RE: Bud Bags - Firemon - 12-05-2023

Well, there was that time when one cop in a bullet proof vest pressed the gun barrel of his machine gun into my chest while another rifled through my pockets finding rolling papers but no ganja while pointing to a roach in the sand at my feet. Truth be told there were roaches everywhere outside this rasta's business. "Me respect Jamaica," I said. "Smoke only in my room," I lied. Seconds before, after spotting the police patrol search a Jamaican man a mere 10 yards away, I had turned around and pulled a scandal bag with 10 sticks of ganja out from under my shirt and tossed it back to the wife of the shopkeeper who had just sold it to me and she hid it under an empty Coca-Cola crate. I had just arrived, checking into my motel room less than 30 minutes prior, and was already on my A-game.

RE: Bud Bags - Negril75 - 12-05-2023

Good One!!!