The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Hurricane Lee - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Hurricane Lee (/showthread.php?tid=103423)

Hurricane Lee - Negril75 - 09-13-2023

Hey OT,

What are you hearing up your way about the impact of Hurricane Lee? They are talking lot's of rain and high winds off the coast of New England especially DownEast Maine.

Any concerns on your end??

Thanks N75

RE: Hurricane Lee - oldtimer - 09-14-2023

Yes I'm worried That is my son's name as well . He is away taking his boat up the river to get out of the storm surge . I have my plants up by my barn and will be putting them inside tomorrow morning . Probably for 24 hours

RE: Hurricane Lee - Negril75 - 09-14-2023

Wishing and praying for the safety of you, your son and your community!!

Yes get your plants under cover before all your hard work gets wrecked. The nice advantage of growing in containers or grow bags is being able to get them under cover. My plants have suffered greatly being in ground with all the lousy weather we've had this summer.

Wishing you all the best!!

N75

RE: Hurricane Lee - oldtimer - 09-15-2023

Thanks mon !!!! There are going to be a lot of people worse off than me . Example the homeless !!!!

RE: Hurricane Lee - kylake - 09-15-2023

Good to hear both you and Lee are getting prepared for the Hurricane Lee as it heads to NS. I assume a group are going up river with Lee like they did when Hurricane Fiona came up north? Hopefully for all in your area this one will not be as bad as Hurricane Fiona.
Take care and stay safe!

RE: Hurricane Lee - oldtimer - 09-15-2023

Abe . How ya doin'bye ???
He is going to have to back up the river about 1 1/2 miles or back out . He asked which is a better way and I told him backing out would be great if he had a neck like an owl ... hehehe

RE: Hurricane Lee - kylake - 09-15-2023

If I remember correctly (which I may not) they rode up forward last time and were able to turn the boats around when up stream to drive forward out. Maybe the water level will not allow that this time or maybe it is another river they are using this time. Hopefully when they come back out there will be an undamaged dock to park at. If I remember correctly after Fiona there was not.

RE: Hurricane Lee - oldtimer - 09-16-2023

Yes , last time they went up bow first but there are going to be more boats this time and the tide is running hard so if they go bow 1st the tide will be trying to make the boat turn like trying to catch a dog's tail when it's play time and they say " catch me" . By backing up the river the bow will be facing the tide so there will no problem controling it Lee was the 1st up the river and it took about 2 hours and then it took about 1/2 hr to set the anchor . Safe as a field mouse in a vacant church !!!!
" Hail , Hail Rock and Roll " The water in the river is 23C so a lot of the guys had a few beer and went swimming . It was a beautiful day , the calm before the storm .

RE: Hurricane Lee - kylake - 09-16-2023

OT, I sent the email to a @gmail account I had for you since the @bellaliant account I have used in the past bounced back as undeliverable.