The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Weekend Getaway - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Weekend Getaway (/showthread.php?tid=103422)

Weekend Getaway - Firemon - 09-13-2023

Stephen Marley was at First Avenue (a fabled concert venue in Dwntn Mpls) on Sunday so I made the nearly five-hour trip down to the Cities (aka Twin Cities).

[attachment=3070]

Practically every band you've ever heard of has played there at one time or another and every band has a star on the building's exterior.

RE: Weekend Getaway - Firemon - 09-13-2023

Nearby building sized murals feature Prince and Bob Dylan.

[attachment=3072]

[attachment=3073]

My vantage point from the front rail. Stephen sat in a chair playing various drums and his guitar the entire show. His four-piece band also sat in chairs in a semi-circle behind him. Very intimate performance. Several songs were punctuated by a flutist who really cut loose. She was magnificent. Only played two of his father's songs (I Shot The Sheriff and Three Little Birds) in the first hour. The crowd, of course, ate up Three Little Birds with a chorus that grew louder with every phrasing.

Stephen's monstrous jet black tour bus was parked right out front ready to roll. He played in Fargo the following night.

Visited my first cannabis dispensary.   They had an interesting ride for kids.

[attachment=3075]

Bought myself a new gizmo too.

Great last minute deal (Sunday nights must be slow) for a one-night reservation on Expedia getting a $248 room with a view of the city for $119. Party On!

Naturally I wore my Bob Marley swim trunks to the motel pool/hot tub to chillax.

[attachment=3078]

Managed to find time to see a ballgame too as the NY Mets were in town.

RE: Weekend Getaway - Firemon - 09-16-2023

Also swung by Cheapo Records to look through the record bins and selected this Tommy McCook platter which to my surprise was pressed on gold vinyl.  

[attachment=3080]

[attachment=3081]

RE: Weekend Getaway - oldtimer - 09-16-2023

What a " vaca " you were on !!! Nice job !!!!!

RE: Weekend Getaway - kylake - 09-16-2023

Great posting, Thank you Firemon!

RE: Weekend Getaway - Firemon - 10-27-2023

These clips aren't from the show I attended but the very same tour so it's representative to the performance I saw.