The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else (/showthread.php?tid=103420)

Pages: 1 2

TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - oldtimer - 09-12-2023

I watched a You Tube Video yesterday that I had seen before . It was Hunting for Strains in Jamaica with Arjan or something close to that . This is where I saw about growing ganja all over Jamaica and in the Black River . Very interesting . This was 42 minutes long with the Black River at the 32 minute . What an interesting trip that would be although I don't think I could smoke that much ...hehehe

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - Negril75 - 09-12-2023

Thanks OT, I'll try and find it

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - Negril75 - 09-12-2023

OT, I know nothing about Strain Hunters but it seems to be a reality show available at least on You Tube. It was an interesting watch and nice seeing Frenchman's Cove, Black River and Bath being presented. I know Orange Hill although I haven't visited. I have always proclaimed the best Ganja I have ever smoked was from St. Ann Parish an area called Moneague about 15 miles south of Ocho Rios through the Fern Gully Road. Another area not highlighted was the Blue Mountains. The coffee farmers at high altitude have the advantages of soil quality and high Altitude growing conditions. They also are remote enough to stay off the radar of the authorities. Thanks for sharing the episode!!

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - TAH - 09-15-2023

Yes, I have seen it, and their other videos. I have many thoughts about Arjan, and crew, but no time right now. I'll come back later... 

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - CardBoardBox - 09-16-2023

OT, I remember the factoid of higher elevations.

I searched on Duckduckgo dot com for "Hunting...Arjan" and the top two hits (pun?) were their web site AND a youtube video.

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - Firemon - 09-17-2023

All sativa strains unfortunately. Sure they do great near the equator but they take forever to finish flowering in a northern climate like mine. Thus my strong preference for indica strains.

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - TAH - 09-18-2023

OT, Firemon, N75; it's not a reality show, but a series of one off videos they made to promote their seed sales. They're pretty well known for coming in and handing out tons of their seeds in areas where they're trying to find special landraces... then those crappy hybrids sort of take over, and wreck the gene pool. Jamaica is a poster child for this phenomenon, and why I'm working on stabilizing and reproducing a couple older Jamaican lines. I could go on for a long time about Arjan, but I won't. I'll just say I don't think he's a very good human being, but I did respect his old partner, Franco (rip). Franco was the real deal, Arjan doesn't even smoke weed, really, only occasionally. Their seeds are "white labeled", which means they're subcontracted out to other people in Spain, or other countries to produce in bulk, using questionable practices, and you don't know what you're really getting. End Greenhouse Seeds rant. But 20 years ago, they were okay. 

As to the sativa/indica thing; I prefer "sativa" (NLD, or Narrow Leaf Drug varieties) generally. Though I do love some good Indica (BLD, or Broad Leaf Drug) varieties for bed time, or if I'm really anxious/stressed out. Different strains for different needs. During the day, I want NLD types, as they give me energy, and a positive outlook. As I'm shifting to relaxation mode, I ease into the more sedate types, to help me relax and fall asleep. 

I had a friend from Jamaica over yesterday, and his elderly father. His dad wanted to see my Jamaican project, I'm glad they were able to come see it in person. Now I have some more info, and am sure I'm on the right track. Next year I'm going to go down with them, and stay up in the hills, and do some real strain hunting. 

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - Firemon - 09-18-2023

The rastas speak with reverence for Lambsbread. High grade mon. Orange Hill.

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - oldtimer - 09-18-2023

Lambsbread/lambsbreath Is very hard to source or get . TAH gave me some leads . They all say they can source it but that just falls in the category of " no problem "
TAH what you did was confirm to me what I already thought !!! Thanks for the info .

RE: TAH..N75 .. Firemon an anyone else - TAH - 09-18-2023

So, I actually had a conversation about exactly this, with an elderly Jamaican yesterday while he was here with his son. They had wanted to see what I'm working on, and I wanted them to see it and tell me what I have. It was a good conversation, and confirmed what I have believed for years... that the term "Lambsbreath" doesn't refer to a specific strain, but generally refers to your best from this years harvest. It has religious connotation, with the symbolism of the lamb, and the bread as a sacrament to God. I had heard that before, and it seemed about right to me. I just asked him if he recognized the plant, and he did, though he couldn't recall at the time, what name was used for the one I'm working with. He just said "that was the good one", and kept asking how I managed to get it home... lol. Communicating fluently with old school Jamaicans can be a bit challenging sometimes. 

But it was good to confirm that I'm on the right track, for now. Just gotta keep running the boat, until it land.