The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Am I The Same Girl - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Am I The Same Girl (/showthread.php?tid=103418)

Am I The Same Girl - Firemon - 09-06-2023

Britain's Tammi Lavette tackles the wonderful classic originally sung by the late great Barbara Acklin, "Am I The Same Girl", which was originally done back in the 1960s as a vocal version of Young Holt Unlimited's classic soul instrumental, "Soulful Strut".

I like this one too. Charmaine Burnette.

And now the original vocal version from 1968 by Barbara Acklin.

Young Holt Unlimited's original instrumental only version "Soulful Strut." Man can these cats cook.

Oh My! Stunning. Rocksteady Grizzly Ska.

Britain's Swing Out Sister. Watch Corinne Drewery light up the stage. You can feel the joy. (Saved the best for last.)

Okay, I'll stop now. Smile

RE: Am I The Same Girl - oldtimer - 09-07-2023

Well , well , well . I got up for my 4:30am pee and checked the board and found these . Unreal !!!!! Couldn't stop until I listened to them all . You have out done yourself Firemon !!!!!

RE: Am I The Same Girl - Firemon - 09-07-2023

Thanks OT. We were up at the same time.

I originally fell in love with this tune in its instrumental form listening (and grooving) to an extended version of "Soulful Strut." The song just went on and on and I couldn't get enough of it.

The title itself is as exceptional as the composition. "Soulful Strut" puts you in a good mood.

Then I heard "Am I The Same Girl" and my brain went ka-boom. Wait, I know this song. There are lyrics? OMG! Fell in love all over again.

Diana Ross loved the song so much she hired a choreographer (Donald McKayle) to dance with her to the tune. Would love to find a clip of her singing but haven't been able to determine if she performed it.

Glad you enjoyed the thread. And thanks for the compliment.

RE: Am I The Same Girl - oldtimer - 09-07-2023

Soulful Strut .. I thought that was Grazing in the Grass

RE: Am I The Same Girl - dave - 09-08-2023

nice Prettysmile

RE: Am I The Same Girl - Firemon - 10-15-2023

This band really sells that HOLD at 1:29 with a little jump and smile.