The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
TAH ...plant audit - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: TAH ...plant audit (/showthread.php?tid=103415)

TAH ...plant audit - oldtimer - 08-31-2023

Now this is only one plant. I measured it and I figure/estimate that on a Chocolate Mint that is approx 1.5 cu yds I have over 150 buds that are about 5 ins long . I took off about 100 leaves today on this plant and have until last of Oct to it to finish . Now that's a long way off and many things can happen BUT !!! that's where it is today with " just add water " in a 7 gallon bag of Kypronite .You can smell the plant 50ft away . I smiled as I walked away .

RE: TAH ...plant audit - TAH - 09-01-2023

Nice, OT, sounds like a real nice plant! Just curious, why are you removing leaves? I see a lot of people these days recommending that, but I don't do it. My view is that the leaves are the little sugar factories that store energy and nutrients for the plant. I don't remove them unless they fade out to yellow, or get severe insect damage. Indoors I will occasionally remove a few, if they're totally blocking lower bud sites, but only because indoors I'm using fixed lighting sources that don't move. Outside, the sun tracks through the sky, so it isn't an issue. Just my .02... 

RE: TAH ...plant audit - oldtimer - 09-01-2023

Most of the leaves are done , yellow etc. But another reason is to let the breeze blow through . I've always done this over the last 57 years . Maybe it doesn't do anything ???? Maybe just habit ????

RE: TAH ...plant audit - TAH - 09-01-2023

Right on. Different strokes. I agree when they're yellow, remove them. Otherwise I think it's removing energy/food sources. But if you're having good harvests, that's all that matters. The rest is just preference really. 

I have a dozen or so outdoors, mostly in 65 gal fabric pots, some are in 45 gallon, and a couple in 30's. The 30's and 45's have expended their food in the soil, so now it's top dressing time. Next year I'll try some 100 gallon pots, maybe toss in a 225 for good measure. "They" say it takes minimum 200 gallons of soil to mimic in ground growing. If you're growing in 1.5 cubic yards, I think that works out to about 150 gallons, give or take. But that's off the top of my head, might be off. 

Good luck with harvest season! Soon come... 

RE: TAH ...plant audit - oldtimer - 09-01-2023

I'm not growing in 1.5Cu yds that is how much volumn ( sp ) the plant is . All the other plants are doing well to . Thanks for the reply.

RE: TAH ...plant audit - TAH - 09-02-2023

Ah, my mistake, apologies.