The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Burning Spear - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Burning Spear (/showthread.php?tid=103397)

Burning Spear - Firemon - 08-07-2023

Performance went online three days ago.

Burning Spear Live at Pioneer Square in Downtown Portland Oregon June 17th 2023

About as Old School as Old School gets. Hate to admit it but I've never quite understood his fame.
Mumbles his vocals. Never varies his tone. Puts me to sleep. Meanwhile his band locks into a simple redundant groove and plays lifelessly...most of the time.

And yet I would have happily gone to the show had it been nearby.

RE: Burning Spear - oldtimer - 08-08-2023

Agreed !!!!!

RE: Burning Spear - Negril75 - 08-12-2023

Burning Spear like many musicians have their "Fans" that think every song is the best. I have seen Burning Spear probably a half dozen times one of which was many years ago at Roots Bamboo in Negril. As he and his band are Rasta I imagine that a considerable amount of Ganja is consumed in and around their shows which might explain their vibe and groove. I happen to enjoy his music although I don't really have any reason to go to his shows anymore.

RE: Burning Spear - Negril75 - 08-13-2023

Much of his music revolves around Marcus Garvey and also many "Dub" renditions which are in essence Reggae "Jam" sessions