The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music 8/4/23 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music 8/4/23 (/showthread.php?tid=103394)

Pages: 1 2

Friday Music 8/4/23 - Firemon - 08-03-2023

This band tours as "The Wailers." For those of you who remember Bob Marley's original band two of those members were the Barrett brothers. Carlton on drums and Aston aka Family Man on bass. Family man's son (one of 41 children) Barrett plays drums for this ensemble. Here they are perfoming in Ohio. Not meant to be insulting but they are an excellent Tribute band.

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - Firemon - 08-03-2023

Also touring are "The Legendary Wailers" with Junior Marvin, who played alongside Bob Marley and the Barrett Brothers, on lead guitar.

Another Wailer, guitarist extraordinaire Al Anderson, had been touring with Junior as "The Original Wailers," but they reportedly had a falling out.

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - Firemon - 08-03-2023

So, in review, here's your Wailers Band Legend:

Wailers--Family Man/Barrett
Legendary Wailers--Junior Marvin
Original Wailers--Al Anderson

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - oldtimer - 08-05-2023

I hate to say this but Al Anderson is a good guitar player . I listened to all this music yesterday after mowing the lawn and cutting hay for a few hours and then up to my bar click , click , click and rolled them up quick , quick , quick . It was a beautiful day and there were a few people dropping in ( not too many ) , a couple of dog friends for Mags ( the dog ) to run with and pizza for supper around 8PM . Being " older " sucks but I had a lovely sleep last night and woke up to rain and back out to the bar ( 7:30AM ) for a cup of coffee and watch my plants grow . They drink about 3 gallons of water per day each ( well water ) and are as big as Xmas trees AND NO CHEMICALS !!!!!!!!!! PURE !!!!!!!
Just as a side note one of my grand daughters paid to have Sirius Radio hooked up in the bar . 5$ CDN/month can't beat that with a stick .

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - Firemon - 08-05-2023

I think you should have your grandaughter take your picture sitting at the bar (alone or with your mates) so we can see if your spliff is burning fire.

I'm also sensing a proof-reading error with possibly the omission of the word "not" in your last post when evaluating AA's guitar skills. Am I correct on that? AL was one of the few if not the only non-Jamaican in the Wailers band. He hails from Los Angeles, Ca.

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - oldtimer - 08-05-2023

Well that explains things . I'm not a fan of Jamaican guitar players I guess but those riffs he has there are not to bad .I'll try to get someone to get a couple of pics . Have a great day mi fren

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - TAH - 08-05-2023

Best new musical talent in my lifetime, IMO. Dude is good enough to have me listening to bluegrass... which I wouldn't have thought possible a couple years ago. But he isn't just bluegrass, he plays almost literally everything, very well.

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - oldtimer - 08-06-2023

I'm with you on that !!!!! Wicked .. the new Clapton ...maybe better !!!!

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - TAH - 08-06-2023

He is incredible live, if you get a chance to get tickets to one of his shows, just do it. My wife bought me tickets for my birthday earlier this year, after I played one of his songs for her. Then I started listening to his stuff a bit more, but felt like I didn't really like it. We both honestly dreaded the show, and thought we'd end up leaving early. Then he started playing... nope we weren't leaving! Just amazing. We're seeing him again on Halloween. 

I put him right up there with Hendrix, Garcia, etc. And he's just getting started. 

RE: Friday Music 8/4/23 - TAH - 08-06-2023

This one might be my favorite. This is from the show we went to in June. This was the song that just blew me away (gotta have some patience through the middle section, it pays off), and instantly made me a fan. Can't believe the sounds they tease out of a guitar, banjo, mandolin, violin, and a cello... Tried to get tickets for his show in Chicago the next night, but no dice.