The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
1st Tuna of the year - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 1st Tuna of the year (/showthread.php?tid=103389)

1st Tuna of the year - oldtimer - 07-25-2023

Caught off North Lake PEI . My son is pissed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's too early but the Asians pushed the season saying they will pay top dollar and then when caught they say it is too skinny . A wasted tag , wasted fuel , wasted time just more of the same ! The Tuna caught off Brown's Bank ( American fishermen ) got $19-$22/lb US and they offered $2/lb CDN for better fish here.
I say stay a shore and see if the US money stays high . I bet it won't !!!!!

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - Negril75 - 07-25-2023

OT,
Something doesn't make sense!! Why the pricing differences?? $2 a pound is ridicules!! Do you have any insight as to the how and why (without blowing a gasket)??

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - oldtimer - 07-25-2023

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe later ?????!!!!

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - Firemon - 07-25-2023

China's fishing vessels are a global menace. The international community needs to impose some regulations to limit either the range or the sheer number of vessels a country can flag.

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - TAH - 07-28-2023

That they are... I read recently that global fish stocks are down something like 80% compared to 50 years ago. 

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - Negril75 - 07-29-2023

And who knows what the rising water temperatures will do on the oceans around the world. It is my understanding that there has been an incredible increase in shark sightings on Cape Cod this summer because of warmer water.....

OT has there been any negative impact on the lobster industry because of rising temps??

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - oldtimer - 07-30-2023

N75 At this time it's hard to say . There has been very good catches here the last couple of season but fishing in the Bay of Fundy has turned the corner . Their catches have dropped a lot since the native fishery allows the natives to fish when and where the non-native fishers can't fish . As an example the native fishers fish in St Mary's Bay ( by Digby ) where the non-native fishers don't . It is a spawning ground for lobsters and last year they took out 100,000lbs of soft shelled lobsters of which 98,000lbs were females . They are catching the breeders BECAUSE THEY ARE ALLOWED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poor quality fish but great mothers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes wild lobsters about 8-10 years to reach allowable size so there will be a long recovery time and fighting climate change isn't helping matters . The water below my home is 23C as of last night . This is perfect for spawning herring but the season doesn't open until Sept and they will be long gone by then . If they allowed the fishers to control this , maybe just maybe it would be better . I doubt if this answers your question but you can see what it's all about . The Asians that's another story and I'm sure the Maine fishers would tell the same story as well as the shit show that Trump caused on quota's and double shuffel fish shipping .

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - Negril75 - 07-31-2023

OT, thanks for the clarification and I think I get the drift so to say. So regardless of what nature throws at you man alone is enough to totally F it up!!

RE: 1st Tuna of the year - oldtimer - 07-31-2023

you got 'er bye !!!!