The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
60 Minutes Austrailia - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 60 Minutes Austrailia (/showthread.php?tid=103383)

60 Minutes Austrailia - Firemon - 07-13-2023

"When reggae superstar Bob Marley died in 1981 at the age of 36, he was not only a rich man but a powerful one as well. He was a reggae pioneer and his music has become a rallying cry for millions of black people throughout the world. In particular the Rastafarians, who dream of escaping the slums and ghettos of the west, and going back to Africa - their ancestral home. For them, Bob Marley was a spiritual leader."

Original airdate June 26, 2023

Please note: audio is muted in parts of this video due to commercial music copyright restrictions on Youtube.

RE: 60 Minutes Austrailia - CardBoardBox - 07-15-2023

After watching the tease for the new movie (thank you) and a 3 person discussion group from a year ago, I came to watch this video.
The YT says 2023 but the audio mentioned Bob died 18 months prior. I should hope so because the Australian film has shades of Reefer Madness.
But I do not condem the film any more than ignoring history. (that sentence only sounded good when I first typed it.)

RE: 60 Minutes Austrailia - CardBoardBox - 07-15-2023

This is the year old panel with comments and complaints that the lead actor is not Jamaican.

A podcast of: Jamaicans OUTRAGED About British Actor Cast As Bob Marley

Minor mention of Meet Joe Black and Stella and her Groove.

I thought (still think) Patoi is a language.

I laugh thinking someone might ask "What parish are you from", but it's more of what ISLAND

RE: 60 Minutes Austrailia - Firemon - 07-15-2023

Yeah, the report from Down Under is obviously an old featurette they've just recently (6/26) added to their you tube page making the original airdate rather dubious.

Stella Got Her Groove Back is a great movie.

A lot of people, including a lot of Jamaicans, don't realize Bob Marley had a white father. It's One Love not one race against another.

Always struck me funny when higglers would call out "White Buoy" to me when passing by their stretch of the beach. The color of your skin is foremost in the minds of lots of Jamaicans.