The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday music? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday music? (/showthread.php?tid=103378)

Friday music? - TAH - 06-23-2023

Billy Strings... went to his show last Friday. Amazing talent, best show I've ever seen, and I've been to a lot. 

RE: Friday music? - TAH - 06-23-2023

It's just not the same watching on youtube though... so good live. 

My personal favorite:

edit; I do not condone hard drug use! Just a good song. Weed, and psychedelics (on rare occasion) for me.

RE: Friday music? - Negril75 - 06-23-2023

TAH,

Forgive my ignorance as my music tastes are quite limited but Billy Strings, who I have heard about, is strictly a country / bluegrass musician?? I see he hails currently from Michigan.
Best show you've ever seen that's saying a lot!!

Best show for me was Watkins Glen Summer Jam, 1973. Grateful Dead, The Band and the Allman Brothers Band. I must say that I was chemically enhanced!!

Hey man. It's hard to describe his music. Yes it's Bluegrass... technically. But I'd compare it to how Hendrix was rock and blues, BS is rock and bluegrass. He plays a lot of covers from all types of genres; heavy metal, country, acid rock (kinda heavy on that vibe), and more, along with his own stuff. Then he also plays some straight, pure bluegrass. But they just jam the f out. Honestly it looks like the whole Dead crowd has started following Billy on tour, it really looks like a Dead Lot at his shows. We almost drove to Chicago the next day, to see him again, but had tix for another show the following night so we didn't. Did buy tickets for his next show here, on Halloween, the next day. 

I'm seriously envious of your experience with the Dead. They were just a few years before my time, I didn't miss them by much, but I can't get into the "Dead and Co" band that's been touring. But they're retiring after this tour is done. Sad, but it's time for sure. 

TAH,
Very interesting!! Billy Strings seems like a real authentic act!! I'm certain that a live show front row would turn me on.

Quite honestly my big surprise at Watkins Glen was The Band!! I knew The Dead and the Allman Brothers but the Band blew my mind. The Dead for sure had a very big and strong following and The Allman Brothers after their Fillmore East Shows became huge!!! As I said I was chemically altered and at one point in the show thought I was in Heaven and Dickey Betts was God!! Enough Said!!

RE: Friday music? - oldtimer - 06-24-2023

I have seen him on you tube only but he is such new light in the entertainment world . GREAT SHOW !!!!!!!!

RE: Friday music? - TAH - 06-24-2023

N75, he's coming to your area next month, tickets still available, but they'll sell out fast. Shoot me a text if you want more info.