The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Doggie hero !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Doggie hero !!! (/showthread.php?tid=103365)

Doggie hero !!! - oldtimer - 05-30-2023

A lady that ran a doggie day care is the hero of the moment . After told not to go to her place she went through the thick woods , through swamps and thorns and rock and made many trips and saved ALL !!!!!!! 18dogs and 4 cats and packed them ALL !!!!! in one car and drove them to safety !!!!!!!!!!!! She looked like she was a war survivor ,covered with blood and cuts and bruises and ripped cloths and burns and a spirit that carried her on . She said " I couldn't live saying I'm safe but the dogs perished ".

RE: Doggie hero !!! - CardBoardBox - 05-31-2023

Nice human interest story. Stronger, since these were not strays who could be recaptured like the livestock released. "doggie day care"

I can understand the authorities point of view to bar/ban humans from running into burning buildings or forests BUT I think it is a basic human right to do stupid things as long as the human understands that no other human will be subjected to danger to rescure the person doing the running  or wanting to stay in their own house.

In her case, the officials made it harder and might have been the cause of loss of doggie/cat lives.

18 and 4 in one car? That is unbelievable.

Edit humor: "blood and cuts and bruises and ripped cloths"
Is that from the forest or the animals expressing "I want out of this car."

RE: Doggie hero !!! - oldtimer - 06-01-2023

Both I would say !!! My hat comes off to her !!!!

RE: Doggie hero !!! - TAH - 06-01-2023

I'd like to think I would do the same, but you never know until you're in that situation. I know for my own pets I definitely would. But she did it for other people's pets, and that's beyond commendable. Good human. 

RE: Doggie hero !!! - Negril75 - 06-01-2023

Following up on TAH's comments... I never had a dog or cat or pet for that matter growing up the result of my Dad who lost 2 beloved dogs when he was a kid, to cars. He told me the pain was too much for a kid to endure so I never had the chance to make that bond.

But.... My 30 year old son and his wife who live with me bought an American Black Lab called Bella who loves nothing more than to chase balls and sticks all day long. My son has trained her to hunt birds as much as he can in a very crowded Connecticut environment.

Three weeks ago while chasing a ball on a muddy slippery field Bella tweaked her left hind leg rather seriously. They took her to their Vet who x-rayed her and did an MRI but since their practice wasn't able to read the results it took 2 weeks to get an appointment with a Surgeon with experience in repairing such injuries. Long story short this past Tuesday Bella went in for surgery. The Vet found not only the Achilles Tendon torn but also 3 other connecting tendons as well. He said that in his 16 years of practice he had never seen such damage done.

Fast forward to today.... Bella is home with us now tendons reattached and repaired, leg in a cast, her hind leg shaved for surgery and a Fentanyl patch on her hip for pain.

There are no heroics here, I guess maybe the Surgeon that did the repair, but my love for Bella is as strong as it is for my children themselves. I never ever thought that I could feel this way for a dog but I do. And although this isn't about a fire rescue it is about unconditional love for a dog (s).

On second thought there is a really big Hero to this story and it's Bella!! So any of you who believe in prayer please send them to Bella while for the next 4-6 weeks she has to stay in her crate instead of chasing balls and sticks!!! Thank you!!!

N75

RE: Doggie hero !!! - Firemon - 06-01-2023

Way to go!

RE: Doggie hero !!! - oldtimer - 06-02-2023

Rest Bella !! Then Go Bella Go !!!!!!!

RE: Doggie hero !!! - Negril75 - 06-02-2023

Thanks everybody!!

RE: Doggie hero !!! - TAH - 06-04-2023

Yeah man, animals have a way of getting into the softest part of our hearts. Glad they were able to patch up the doggo for you guys.