The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
NS lobster fishing update - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: NS lobster fishing update (/showthread.php?tid=103347)

NS lobster fishing update - oldtimer - 05-05-2023

Where are the lobsters ??? The season had a couple of good hauls but 3 of the last 4 days no one is fishing . There are no fish being caught . I have never seen this in 60 years . One fisherman caught 900lbs one day and pulled 90 traps the next day to get 1 lobster .The only expenses being saved is fuel and bait . It costs $2K to step foot in the boat but they didn't catch enough to buy a chocolate bar . Wages , boat payment , wharfage fees , insurance , truck payment and rum to drown your sorrow !!!!!
Oh my !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The the price of lobsters has DROPPED !!!!!! not that it matters and after Mother's Day it will drop again and this is the best season for premium fish !!!! Snow Crab was $8/lb last year and it's $2/lb now . No one is fishing that either . The only one happy here is my son's dog because he loves going to the boat and just " hangin' out "
Ok CBB what is the solution .

RE: NS lobster fishing update - Negril75 - 05-06-2023

This is N75 and I don't have any solutions regarding the Lobster fishing update. My place in Maine is 19 miles north of Machias which is about 30 miles south of Calais / St. Stephen NB border. DownEast Maine is fishing and Forestry. Both of those industries frequently have competition with their Canadian neighbors especially with price wars. I have no idea whether the fisheries in Maine are experiencing the same issues that you point out north of the border but I know the impact that a slump would have DownEast is terrible to consider!!

Is it the oceans that we humans kill that are to blame (Global Warming)? OT Hopefully the problem is over and that the boats are back into fish. My prayers are with the fishermen. Not an easy life!!

RE: NS lobster fishing update - Negril75 - 05-06-2023

I was in a supermarket in Machais last week and the price of lobster was $19.99 USD a pound. I haven't been down to the dock so I have no idea what prices are off the boat??