The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
N75 boat story dog rescue - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: N75 boat story dog rescue (/showthread.php?tid=103336)

N75 boat story dog rescue - oldtimer - 04-25-2023

Up until about 20 years ago the biggest Great White ever caught was about 12 miles across the Northumberland Strait from my home . They are not to be feared . I personally have never seen one in almost 60 years of fishing .But I do have a story .
My old dog Tasa ( RIP ) fished with me for 12 years . We were dragging Scallops in the exact spot where the record breaker was caught and there was a pod of Dolphins following my boat for about 1/2 hour . Tasa was on the rail of my boat and a cable knocked her off the boat into the Strait . Now , my gear was in the water and I couldn't turn BUT !!! and boat behind me had his gear almost out of the water and he stopped to pick her out of the sea . Not as easy as it sounds . It took the crew about 20 minutes to get her picked up. Now this is what happened while she was in the water . The pod of Dolphins surrounded her to keep her safe ( I think ) One of the Dolphins would nudge her to help her fight the current and not sink and I think the others were to protect her . After she was on the other boat the Dolphins ,one by one ,( 7 total) swam in a row beside the boat and breached giving a whistle as to say " we got 'er back bye ". I pulled my air horn to say " THANKS " and in turn all the other boats blew their horns as well .

RE: N75 boat story dog rescue - Negril75 - 04-25-2023

Nice one OT!! I am convinced that animals have a sense that we are not aware of. You hear stories of all kinds where dogs and cats help and sometimes save humans from dangerous situations. I have never owned a dog but my son and his wife have a going on 3 year old American Black Lab female who never used to sleep in their bed until several months ago. Bella would snuggle up to my daughter-in-law Ester. Soon thereafter Ester learned she was pregnant and it could very well be a co-incidence but it seems to me that Bella sensed a little baby inside Ester and wanted to protect the mama and baby in bed.

My older son has an American Black Lab female the half sister to Bella (same father different mother) named Bailey. She is also almost 3 and 2 years ago today Harry and his wife had a baby boy born named Wesley. To see the interaction and communion between Bailey and Wesley is like a miracle. So I fully believe that there is a dimension in the animal world that is perhaps not fully understood but does exist.

RE: N75 boat story dog rescue - TAH - 04-25-2023

Good stuff, OT! Get you a dog, N75! Ours passed away last year, but even though he could be a royal PITA, I wouldn't trade the 15 years we had with him for anything. I could talk to that dog with just my eyes. It's a bond that's hard to really fathom, until you have it. I think it's an essential human experience.

RE: N75 boat story dog rescue - oldtimer - 04-26-2023

I think the exact thing that you guys feel . I've had dogs ( excuse me ) I've co habitated with dogs my whole life and wouldn't have it any other way .