The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
N75 boat story - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: N75 boat story (/showthread.php?tid=103319)

N75 boat story - oldtimer - 04-05-2023

Sorry it took so long but here it is . For any one that has read this before ...sorry .
It was "68 I think and I was working in Runaway Bay at the Reynolds bauxite pier repairing boiler tubes . As always as soon as the weekend started off we went exploring the island in our Lada . Let's go to Negril the play ground on a loooooong beach .
We arrived some what around noonish and pulled down one of the little paths to the sea just the town side of Mahoginy House which stood by it's self way up the beach . Very little stuff there and we took out our stripes and rolled a couple and turned on the transistor radio to play Radio Mobay .In for some swims and looked at this rather large boat anchored about 1/2 a mile off shore. Bernie , a friend from work ( also form Canada ) swam out and took a good look at her .It was called Assumation and was registar in British Columbia Canada . At around suppertime a Jeep pulled down to the beach about 1/2 mile towards town . There was nothing out that way then so we watched the day fall into night . Not wanting to stand out too much we pulled back a little from the shore . Then all of a sudden the lights flashed from the jeep out towards the boat . Soon a little boat about 15-16ft long and powered by an out board motor was put over the side and came to shore by the Jeep . NOW !!!! it was clear what was going on . After about 6-8 shuttles everything came to a halt , the anchor was taken aboard and it started to leave and they set the punt adrift with the engine running and pointed out to sea . Well it some how turned around and came right to shore where we were just like it was on remote control . Now what ? We didn't want to be a witness to all this but what to do . We waited for about an hour and everybody was gone except us and the skiff . Then we pulled it up into the bushes and drove into Negril . Very little lights but there was one at The White Swan at the round-a-bout . As we entered the bar we asked about a room and we saw a famaliar face Prince .We called him aside and told him about the skiff so our stuff was put in the room and back up the shore to show Prince the skiff . Back to The White Swan and drank until late but Prince was long gone and he went and got the boat and took it to the WestEnd where The Canoe Bar is today . To make a long story shorter that was the 1st engine driven fishing boat on the west end . He and his wife owned Falcon Cottages and it was fun .

RE: N75 boat story - Firemon - 04-05-2023

10 to 1 the police were notified in advance to stay clear of the area.

RE: N75 boat story - Negril75 - 04-05-2023

OT,
You Canadians are very clever. And thanks for the story, it made my day!! A boat in Negril hailing from BC Canada now that's some sailing!! Takes some Big Balls to do that run!! 1968 and Ganja was already a cash crop in JA. Jamaicans are pretty clever too. I can only imagine the profit margin for the Captain and crew as a pound of weed in 68 was probably pennies on the dollar!! Probably headed for South Florida?? Prince for sure was the 1st engine driven fishing boat on the west end!! I remember hearing about Falcon Cottages but couldn't place their location. Great Story!!! Thanks again!!

The Mahoginy House was located in an area between The Negril Beach Club and the roundabout between Norman Manley Blvd and the sea surrounded by big cottonwood trees??? Captain D used to comment about that being a huge party place for one of the Jamaican Utility Companies something government related. It was a weekend destination for workers complete with running water and flush toilets. It was still there in 75 but in disrepair. I never was inside but I walked up to it a few times.