The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Footprints - trivia item - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Footprints - trivia item (/showthread.php?tid=103283)

Footprints - trivia item - CardBoardBox - 01-27-2023

I do not know about birth certificates in Jamaica, nor home births, but I went looking for info in the US.

Footprinting is done at 90 percent of the hospitals (or is it on 90 percent of the born people) and was started in the 60's. U can understand why.

They are as unique as finger prints, and they stay with a person.

A BC is not "valid" unless it has a "raised seal", but that has probably changed for the digitial age somehow.

Humor; with a valid certificate, you could be anyone you want to be, unless you run across an official with an ink pad and paper. Foot prints can be taken with a digital scanner too.  Do not know how much is recorded in computers, but if you do something bad, do not leave a shoe at the scene of the crime cause they can track you down, which they did for one person.

RE: Footprints - trivia item - Firemon - 01-28-2023

RE: Footprints - trivia item - CardBoardBox - 01-30-2023

Wasn't a tune I would have searched for, or thought of searching for, but it had several elements from the flag to the growing up on the street to dieing there.
A whole story line with a good beat.

Kind of pleased at hearing it, so, thanks for sharing the video, or just finding it.

-----
i do not know where my birth certificate is. Once I got my passport using one, it trumps everything else.
Old fact; it was not illegal to change your name unless the purpose was for deception. That was during the SSN card "Not for identification" printed on each one.
So, the government ignores the law, makes you jump through hoops to do things their way, and doesn't look at your foot which should be firmly placed in some people's rectum. But politics has no place here. LOL

RE: Footprints - trivia item - Firemon - 02-04-2023

Got to see T.O.K. at the Jungle back in their heyday and it remains the best performance I've witnessed on the island. Any of them could be lead singers of their own group. Collectively they alternate, harmonize, and hit you with vocal ranges that define singing at its purest. T.O.K. by the way stands for Talk Of Kingston. Yeah, yeah.