The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Special Request Negril75 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Special Request Negril75 (/showthread.php?tid=103275)

Pages: 1 2 3

Special Request Negril75 - Firemon - 01-16-2023

Unbeknownst to both OT and Kylake an emergency session of the Friday Music Planning Commission was held telepathically last evening and after much debate, a few spliffs, and an assortment of refrigerated malt beverages, an unanimous decision (3-0) was reached to extend a formal request to Negril75 to fulfill the role as selector this Friday. Upon conclusion of the meeting the participants lit a cyber bonfire and stood around gazing at the stars while feeling extraordinarily pleased with themselves.

RE: Special Request Negril75 - oldtimer - 01-16-2023

Aye !!!! Aye !!!!!

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Negril75 - 01-17-2023

Dear friends Firemon, double trouble ot, and everybody else,

I am humbled and in principal I accept the invitation as guest DJ for the Friday Music 1/20/23 Session. I feel honored!! I will need some help in uploading my Selections to Jamaicaholics Message Board.

I will be leaving for an off the grid location in DownEast Maine with no internet capabilities Thursday afternoon 1/19/23 so if this can be produced in advance of Friday i'm in!!

If that is in agreement I will wrack my brain for the Iriest tunes that I can come up for "The Negril75 Irie Feelings Show"

Please reply Yes if that is in agreement and I will submit my playlist tomorrow or Thursday before I hit the road!!

Thank you!!
John

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Firemon - 01-17-2023

If you have time just post it Thursday morning. If not submit your playlist and the music fairy will oblige or take a raincheck until the following Friday.

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Negril75 - 01-17-2023

OK Great I'll post it Thursday morning before I leave.

Thanks,
John

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Negril75 - 01-19-2023

Well Brothers and Sisters here is Johnny Dread at the controls for the Friday Music 1/20/23 Session (One Day Early)

Since I am not sure how to post my selections to the Yellow Board I will ask for assistance in doing so. All of my selections I believe are available on you tube.

Grab your favorite beverages, a big bag of Ganja and put your seatbelts on. Enjoy The Irie Feelings Show!!!

1. Step it Pon The Rastaman Scene, Easy Star All Stars
2. Lee Perry at Coachella, War In A Babylon
3. Man Shortage, Lovindeer
4. Dub Appointment, Burning Spear
5. Sensemilla, Yellowman
6. Power bank, Dillenger
7. Kaya, Bob Marley
8. Natty Dread, Israel Vibration Live in Sao Paulo Brazil
9. Bed Jamming, Lee Scratch Perry
10. Bad Boys Dub, Inner Circle
11. Steppin Out of Babylon, Marcia Griffiths
12. Nah Stay Inna Babylon, Culture

Encore
Hell is Very Low, Lee Scratch Perry & Ari Up Meet Subatomic Sound

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Firemon - 01-19-2023

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Negril75 - 01-19-2023

Firemon,
Many thanks for your help!! I hope everyone enjoys it!
John

RE: Special Request Negril75 - oldtimer - 01-20-2023

You get " the nod " !!!!! good work !!!

RE: Special Request Negril75 - Negril75 - 01-24-2023

Greetings Firemon, Oldtimer2 and all other Brothers and Sisters,

Last week I was extended the invitation to DJ the 1/20/23 Friday Music Session. I over ambitiously suggested 12 songs plus an Encore selection. Realizing that is quite a lot for one session Firemon graciously cued up 6 Selections.

What I had forgotten last week in my haste was that originally I had intended to offer a Memorial Tribute to a friend of some on this board.

His name is David V. Pierucci affectionately known as Captain Dave, or Captain D. He was a major contributor to another board whose name we will not mention. I believe he was also a contributor on the Yellowboard although I don't know what his handle was. His knowledge of all things Jamaica was second to none!!

I never met Dave in person but did communicate with him on-line. It was my understanding that Dave was hired many years ago by Wrey & Nephew the owners at that time of Appleton Estate as a captain for one of their ships / boats. He also had a presence on Negril Beach running at least one and maybe 2 small sailboat rental shops one located up towards Rutland point and the other between the Negril Beach Club and the wharf by the river in town. Cap'n Dave was an almost always positive presence on every Jamaica Board Forum he was a part of. He later bought land out of Negril and built his own paradise that he frequented until Covid reared it's ugly head. He affectionately refers to his son Linston Dobson and Miss G. (I am not sure his relationship with her). Dave bought and developed a compound called Zion Hill not far from Negril and had invited me to visit there. Unfortunately before that could happen he developed cancer. Captain Dave passed on April 4, 2022 at age 79.

Rest in Peace Cap!! You are missed!! IN Jamaica and on this board!!