The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music 1/6/23 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music 1/6/23 (/showthread.php?tid=103267)

Friday Music 1/6/23 - Firemon - 01-06-2023

Starting off with an instrumental number by Jackie Mittoo "The Keyboard King" at Studio One Records performing Juice Box.

Another one from Studio One recorded in the '60's. No doubt this was before Millie Small's big hit "My Boy Lollipop."

This next one is hypnotically beautiful.

Brothers and Sisters by Bongmaster Inc with vocals by the lead singer of New Zealand's Fat Freddy Drop.

RE: Friday Music 1/6/23 - oldtimer - 01-07-2023

3 beautiful tunes !!! PERFECT for making an omelet for brekkie !!! Yummy !!!

RE: Friday Music 1/6/23 - Negril75 - 01-07-2023

Hi Firemon,
As you seem to be the Yellow Board Friday Music DJ I thought I would tell you about a collection of 45's that I have that I bought many years ago in Sav at what was then called Larmond's Photo Studio & Record Centre which was at 52 Great Georges Street Savanna-La-Mar. They are now called Lamond's Photo Studio & Co Ltd on 38 Gr George St.
These records go back to the 70's and 80's and were the favorite music of the Jamaican masses and were being played on Radio as well as in Juke Boxes around the island. The following are their A & B Sides:

Soon Forward, Version Gregory Isaacs, Stepping Out Of Babylon, Marcia Griffiths, Stepping Dub, The Revolutionaries, Please Doctor U. Brown, Doctor Skank, C. Patterson, Rub A Dub Style, Ranking Michigan & General Smile, Rub A Dub (Ver) Sound Dimension, Come Nurse, Jah Thomas, Nurse Skank, The Revolutionaries,
Barnabas Collin's, Lone Ranger, Dub Part Two, Ansel Collins, Tribute To Bob Marley, Errol T. Lue Lepki, Tribute To Bob Marley , Joe Gibbs & The Professionals, Sounds Of Hon. marley, Errol Scorcher The Revolutionares, Celebration, The Revolutionares,
Mr. Brown, Gregory Isaacs, Version, Gregory Isaacs, Weather Balloon, Hugh Brown, Gas Balloon, Ku Klux Klan, Steel Pulse, Sound System, Steel Pulse.

Really good music the 45's are in great condition!!

RE: Friday Music 1/6/23 - oldtimer - 01-07-2023

Holy Crap !!!! I know where you are talking about !!!

RE: Friday Music 1/6/23 - Firemon - 01-08-2023

Sweet treasure! Impressive collection. I don't have many 45's but I do have a few 12" Marley 45's (same size as LP's) that are extended versions of his hits featuring some nice long instrumental passages. Punky Reggae Party is one that comes to mind as the band really gets into a groove.

As for being the so-called Friday Music DJ well that's only partially true. In actuality I'm a poser, a wannabe selector, who has hijacked Kylake's fabled thread while fully anticipating being pushed to the sidelines whenever Kylake decides I've tarnished his legacy irreputably.

But for now anyway it appears he's still Asleep At The Wheel so I'm going to keep posting so the thread doesn't die out while he's busy sitting in his beach chair watching Jamaican sunsets night after night, week after week, and month after month.

RE: Friday Music 1/6/23 - oldtimer - 01-08-2023

In 1976 I was at a beer garden in Ponoca Alberta and Tom Cochern and Red Rider were playing at one end of the tent and Asleep at the Wheel were playing at the other end . These guys have been around a long time . THANKS !!!!! for the tune .