The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! (/showthread.php?tid=103257)

Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - oldtimer - 12-28-2022

The lobster fishery lost another young man today . He got tangled in the gear . He was wearing his proper suit but it wasn't enough . It makes me cry !!!!! I was young myself once and it was always " Let's go "

RE: Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - CardBoardBox - 12-29-2022

It is my ignorance which yields "How could this happen?"
Reading this item causes sadness (without any embellishments of text response, cause I don't know good words)
I'm sure the news went through the community, but, just like with auto accidents, I wish that the exact circumstances are shared by the people who know to the people who should know so that it never happens again.

I am thinking of the safety videos I've watched where a person stood in the wrong place when a cable snapped on board ship.
Of course, an active ship isn't like hauling up an anchor.

I hope it is evident that this story of a young person is most unfortunate, sad, etc to readers.

RE: Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - oldtimer - 01-04-2023

It's not one thing that causes this to happen on a boat . Every part of a ship is moving 100% of the time . It's like working inside an engine . Most of the time new safety measures are really unsafe measures thought up by people that have never set foot in a boat . The boat hates you , the sea hates you the weather hates you and you are still out there fighting everything tooth and nail . Fishing is NOT !!!!!!! for the faint of heart or weak of mind .

RE: Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - Firemon - 01-04-2023

Not to be crass but I have issues with the fishing industry when they overfish with their miles long trolling nets, churn up the reefs/ocean bottom with destructive harvesting methods, and let China/Japan operate gigantic vessels 24/7 all over the globe.

RE: Another fisher lost at sea RIP !!! - oldtimer - 01-04-2023

Me to !!!!