The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Friday Music 12/9 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Friday Music 12/9 (/showthread.php?tid=103250)

Friday Music 12/9 - Firemon - 12-08-2022

The soulful voice of Erykah Badu and her funky band.

Rocksteady lives on.

One Drop Jazz.

From the mid-70s. Produced by Bunny Lee.

RE: Friday Music 12/9 - oldtimer - 12-09-2022

Not a fan of Badu BUT !!!! put the rest on for background sound Really nice !!!!! Kind of makes me think of listening before breakfast while " burnin' one down " Thanks !!!!! My neighbor is having an afternoon early evening " scran " tomorrow .I have send about a dozen of the Fri music things by you and Kylake over to them and that is what will be playing when guests get there , SCRAN ... local word for something to eat while chit chatting the time away . Merci !!!!!

RE: Friday Music 12/9 - Firemon - 12-09-2022

"Kind of makes me think of listening before breakfast while " burnin' one down " Thanks !!!!!"

RE: Friday Music 12/9 - Firemon - 12-10-2022

Sounds a bit like a Pot Luck with Minnesotans bringing a Hot Dish!

See also String Beans, Mushroom Soup, and Crispy French Onions.

https://www.mccormick.com/frenchs/recipes/salads-sides/deluxe-mushroom-green-bean-casserole

Typically there would be at least two of those.

RE: Friday Music 12/9 - oldtimer - 12-11-2022

It was wonderful . Lobster rolls , scallop finger food AND !!! 3 different casserolls . Several types of bread with never ending bowls of dips . Started at 4:00pm and finished at around 10:00pm The really different thing about this is I was the only one with a car . I live about 1-1/2 miles and all the others closer . Now this is country living , no street lights , no moon darker than the inside of a cow , wind was blowing hard and every one on foot . Hmmmm does that remind you guys of anything ???? Oh yes the Westend Rd in the 60's and 70's . Oh yes !!!! the music was a hit !!!! I just happened to bring one of the CD's that Firemon send me a couple of years ago and after a couple of hour ( beers etc ) it went on the CD player . It was just like Stompin' Tom Conners said
" The home team scored and the crowd roared hockey Saturday night " !!!! It was GREAT !!!!

RE: Friday Music 12/9 - Firemon - 12-12-2022

So, I'm guessing your neighbors get around on snowmobiles and x-country skiis much like us Minnesotans. We, however, do not feast on lobster rolls. Sounds like you folks got this scran stuff down pat.

Glad the music was a hit. I aspire to find reggae tunes that aren't necessarily mainstream (ie-Marley, Marley, Marley).

I swear, if you ask Alexa (Amazon Prime) to play reggae you're going to hear Bob Marley's Stir It Up, Shaggy's It Wasn't Me, and Marley's Buffalo Soldier every damn time.