The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Poor OldTimer - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Poor OldTimer (/showthread.php?tid=103233)

Poor OldTimer - Firemon - 11-13-2022

He's done it again. Can't log in. So feel free to tease, mock, ridicule, chastise, or blame OT for anything you can think of because he can't defend himself.

Here, I'll go first.

"OT is so computer illiterate he thinks copy/paste requires carbon paper and Elmer's glue."

RE: Poor OldTimer - daniel - 11-14-2022

I cannot log in using normal log in methods  . Nothing happens when I enter username and password .  BUT .. If I hit register , it recognizes me , and I'm in . Then just jump to forum .

Ot's computer is so old the keyboard is rotary dial !

RE: Poor OldTimer - daniel - 11-14-2022

OT is so old that "getting lucky" is being able to find your car in the parking lot.

RE: Poor OldTimer - CardBoardBox - 11-14-2022

I convinced him that Windows 6 is more stable than Windows 7 and figure it will be Spring before he gives up looking for the floopy disk to reload the OS.

after Kylakes cmnt below, he is using windows 7. The standard 'clear cache' via the firefox history tab is a good thing. Since he can get to the logon screen for this board, he should then do FF 'tools' tab and then 'page info' and then 'security' and then click the two middle buttons (of 4). one is saved-passwords and one is 'clear cookies' (which will be limited to cookies for this site.)

FF browser on windows 7 exhibits weird behavior if you trace the program, finding a lot of undefined variables, etc. Usually the program (browser) will work.
If he ever gets on, make sure he never logs out of this site, and he should not need to log on again.

As for getting into this site, I use my history item
http://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3

yea, I know it should be an HTTPS but FF burried the HTTPS line in my top-10 history items making it not show up. Plus the plain http only goes wonkie after certain FF updates, which are sometimes a weekly affair.
I did like how FM started this thread, with his "I'll start". LOL.
I hesitated to add more ribbing, but the smart-phone-with-camera came to mind and OT wondering where the film goes in.

RE: Poor OldTimer - kylake - 11-18-2022

So far I have been unable to fix any of his accounts (3 total). I can reset the password and save it and even get a confirmation it was saved but it will not work for login. Having multiple accounts and I have merged into one single account Oldtimer2 and will let it rest for a while and try again later to get it to work for login.

RE: Poor OldTimer - oldtimer - 11-19-2022

Kylake to the rescue !!!! Thanks buddy !!!

RE: Poor OldTimer - Firemon - 11-20-2022

Welcome back. The place isn't the same without you...or a close proximity (ie--Triple Trouble OT).