The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Storm report fiona !!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Storm report fiona !!! (/showthread.php?tid=103206)

Storm report fiona !!! - oldtimer - 10-06-2022

It was a monster !!!! it blew 125MPH here . Where I live was dead centre of the land hit . It is like a war zone . Still no power lots of places and won't be back on for another week .
My power was back on late day 12 .I personally made it not too bad . Some trees gone , very minor roof damage . No water , no phone service , no power BUT !!!! lots of people have no nothing left . When the cow barns began to rip apart the farmers went into these barns as they were flying apart to let their animals loose . They are all over the place now and everyone young and old are slowly catching again . The poor cows all loaded up with milk and bawling their heads off . Many people donated their generators so the cows could get milked and water to them . It brings tears to my eyes to see people lose everything . This is the worst storm ever here . I know the world has this kind of damage everyday so it puts things in perspective !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The fishermen have little to no ports to go to . I find it hard to write more . I'm a pretty tough guy that has seen lots of bad things happen , fought storms at sea to nearly loosing lots of lives but nothing like this . Our only thing that saved lives is the fact that it is warm .
There are storms crews from all across Canada and the North East USA here . THANK YOU GUYS AND WOMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a crew from Mass . here camping in my yard . They worked around the clock . The churches had drive through meals the fire hall had showers made up for them and had places to wash clothes . If nothing else there are new friends made that will never be forgotten . KINDNESS BEYOND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My eyes are leaking !!! got to go

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - Firemon - 10-06-2022

Existence is so fragile. One never knows what fate may befall them. Glad you made it through okay.

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - kylake - 10-07-2022

Sounds like a lot of damage that will take a long time to repair and I guess some will be abandoned and never repaired.
Good to hear you had somewhat minor damage but your description of what happen to others is disheartening.
Was your son able to get his boat to a safe harbor or landed in a safe location?
Take care...............Stay safe

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - oldtimer - 10-07-2022

He took it up the river ( very small stream ) along with a few others . It turned out to be the right move . When the " big ocean surge " came they went up and turned the boats around so they wouldn't have to try to back out. It was sheer BS luck for them.The young guys listened to the old guys . It still took almost 2 days to get them out and they had no port left and they had to go about 50 miles down the coast to get a place to tie-up at . The ocean is full of debris so fishing at night is not an option at the moment . He has 2 tuna tags left ( the lucky dog tag and the unfulfilled quota tag ) and is going today to see if he can fill them . LOTS !!! of Great Whites around .
They have a lifetime of stories to tell after this . I told him you were asking about him and he smiled !!!! I also told him Tammy was worried because she has a close connection with Mr Abs ...I don't know if he had a crush on her or whether she had a crush on him . They are long time true friends .

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - kylake - 10-08-2022

Young guys should always listen to Oldtimers.......LOL. Age and mistakes are the biggest teachers in life as long as you make it past the mistakes. As you said, the group and your son that went up stream to ride out the storm will have a lifetime of stories to tell.
Hopefully your son will get to fulfill both tags. Can he get a big tuna onboard or does he have to drag it back exposing it to the possibility of a shark trying to eat it?

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - oldtimer - 10-08-2022

He can get it aboard but still has to tow them . He got both tags filled yesterday but made for a long day . It took him 4 hours to land the 1st tuna and 9 hours to land the 2nd tuna .
1st Tuna weighted 595lbs and the 2nd was 828lbs with NO SHARK BITES on either . He didn't get back until 2:30am and hoped to be back by 6:00PM So goes fishing . There were 5 boats and he was the only one to catch fish . Again , so goes fishing .
Now , what will he get for them . that is the big question .

RE: Storm report fiona !!! - kylake - 10-08-2022

Good news that he was able to filled his quota and both of the catches, what I consider huge fish.
Hopefully the market (which you have explained is highly manipulated) will give your son and his crew a fair price for all their hard work and navigation what you had also explained are treacherous waters (especially in the dark) with all the debris left by Fiona.