The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Heirloom seeds - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Heirloom seeds (/showthread.php?tid=103154)

Heirloom seeds - oldtimer - 06-26-2022

Some heirloom seeds are REALLY !!!! hard to get . I called 2 very old seed company's and they told me if they DON'T !!!! have them then anyone who is trying to sell them are FAKE !!!!
For next year I have 3 kinds ordered and I have to get them in August
1 Panama Red ... Cheech and Chong
2 Lamb's Bread/Breath .... Bob Marley
3 Mauai wowie ... 1st episoid of Hawaii Five O big bust by Dano

RE: Heirloom seeds - TAH - 06-26-2022

Hey OT. As you may have gathered, I'm pretty involved with the cannabis plant, and I collect old genetics. If I could make a suggestion; if I were you, I would seek different sources for those seeds. Lots of people/companies say they have legit heirloom stock, but not many are selling what they say it is. But there are legit sources for those seeds. 

For the Panama Red, I would buy from either Cannabiogen, or Ace Seeds. Nobody else. 

The Lamb's Breath in particular is a tough one, and I don't know if anyone is selling the real McCoy. The closest I am aware of is Double Jam, from Underground Seed Co. I have a couple packs stashed, but probably won't get to them for another couple years. 

Maui Wowie; only one source I know of for the real deal. Swami Organic Seeds, it is sold as "Cherry Bomb", but is old, verified Maui Wowie stock preserved by a couple members of the Brotherhood of Eternal Love (now defunct). 

I definitely wouldn't buy any genetics branded by Cheech and Chong, they're just chasing money at this point, selling whatever. I tend to look at Marley branded stuff the same way, but don't have any real experience with them. 

Hope that helps a little bit at least. 

RE: Heirloom seeds - oldtimer - 06-26-2022

TAH ,
I didn't plan on buying from a company that "said " they were real I meant that each of those names were like what each was famous for . BUT I will check out who you mentioned . Thanks

RE: Heirloom seeds - TAH - 06-27-2022

Who did you order them from? I'm just curious, as this has been my main hobby for decades. 

I hope they work out for you, regardless of where you get them from. 

RE: Heirloom seeds - Firemon - 06-27-2022

I will gladly trade some robust dark brown speckled Jack Herer Blueberry pips for your (__________________). Fill in the blank.

Not that I do anything with them. I'm just a collector.

You know, like a seed bank in case there's an apocalypse.

RE: Heirloom seeds - TAH - 06-27-2022

That's sort of why I collect what I do, but also because I don't like what's happening in the cannabis world right now (regarding the gene pool). Many special things are gone forever, because nobody preserved them. Now we're seeing mostly mutt's crossed to other mutt's, further diluting the gene pool. Wolves were bred down from dogs, but no matter how hard you try, you can never breed that Chihuahua back into a wolf. Same applies to cannabis. It scares me, so I spend a fair bit of my spending money buying up rare, or special seed packs (but only from the best, most reputable breeders, I don't buy much out of Europe anymore). 

I have a pretty nice seed vault. Many hundreds of packs of different things from all over, lots of special heirlooms, some hybrids, and some landrace stuff as well. I could probably sell my seed collection and buy property in JA, but just can't part with it. Too much time and energy spent reading countless forum posts, researching genetic lineage(s), tracking down who has them, etc...