The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
covid test - good to fly - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: covid test - good to fly (/showthread.php?tid=103115)

covid test - good to fly - CardBoardBox - 04-03-2022

"If someone asks..."
But no one did. I flew with the paper in hand.

In Jamaica, on the other hand, there was a tented stand on the beach road. Someone said J$5000 to get your test. I did not inquire further if it would work.
I opted for the known $50US at the airport.

However, a month ago they stopped issuing paper copies, so the posted sign there said.
You thus need a smart phone, and a working phone # to get the results.
Hell of a time to learn this 2 hours before flight time.
They did offer to send an email.*** More details if someone asks me, but you won't. I shall just say a very helpful SouthWest employee came to my aid and I was able to fly with not a minute to spare, alas 2 days earlier than planned due to an emergency medical problem.

*** to get the email sent, one medical person was in charge of that. But he was in a meeting and the other people had no idea when he would be out of the meeting. I was lucky in that he showed up about 5 minutes later while I was figuratively in tears.

Having the medical people say "go to your airline. Maybe they can help" sounded like a dead end and I'd be stuck at the airport bleeding, but indeed, that SW person gave me an email address and medical furfilled the rest as explained in the ***footnote paragraph above.

RE: covid test - good to fly - CardBoardBox - 04-07-2022

the above is a complete rewrite.

When you want to get off the island immediately, it is not like getting into your car. With computer access at the library and finding flight availability and travel back and forth, hotel to friends, the next day was the soonist flight I could arrange.
Meanwhile, I missed the 'wake' part of Tryon's funeral Wednesday afternoon. I know there was a lot of good food and I imagine a lot of people showed up.

RE: covid test - good to fly - oldtimer - 04-08-2022

Yikes !!! Friends of mine just returned after 2 weeks in MoBay and they didn't have to test to leave or when they returned to Halifax NS . I was schocked to say the least .

RE: covid test - good to fly - CardBoardBox - 04-08-2022

Southwest policy is "no tickie, no shirtie" at both airports.
Arriving in MBJ, the man at a table asked for the standard form, my passport, and my Covid test. He asked the usual questions: "what hotel, how long, ...." The man was processing people the same as if you went to the standard booths, except he had no computer and no rubber stamp. Yup, no stamp in my passport this trip.
Several planes must have landed because one line went up the ramp, and the lines were long, even chris-crossing at one spot like a demolition derby.

The above is slightly 'off topic' of the test.
Outgoing from MBJ, the SW employee entered my covid info into his terminal and said I wouldn't need the covid paper because all the info was in my file.
Indeed, in Baltimore, they didn't ask me for any test results. Nor did they ask if I had anything to declare. Nor did any from our plane use a kiosk before going to the TSA/Homeland booths. I thought that was strange. We received no form on the airplane to fill out. After that spot, with no form of any kind, I walked straight out. I didn't even see a 'items to declare' line.

I don't know about Canada or what airline your friends used. You are also saying Jamaica does not require a test for entry from Halifax. That's weird.

RE: covid test - good to fly - CardBoardBox - 04-16-2022

Having experienced getting tested in both countries, the harder one being in Pennsylvania, figured next time will be a breeze. Then I saw this post someplace today from the hoteler Jean:

GOOD NEWS.. effective immediately

No covid test ,no visit Jamaica approval is needed to come to Jamaica.
Returning to your country from Jamaica you are required to do covid test.
pack your bags..

RE: covid test - good to fly - Yooper - 04-16-2022

Yes it does appear that no Covid test is required to enter Jamaica.

https://www.visitjamaica.com/jamaica-cares/