The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril today 1/30/2022 - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril today 1/30/2022 (/showthread.php?tid=103072)

Pages: 1 2

Negril today 1/30/2022 - kylake - 01-30-2022

Well as the front moves through the US it has made it to Negril in the night and early morning hours. It was a very pleasant temp of 71 f this morning and a strong wind kicking up enough surf to actually surf on. Here is a picture of sunset a couple of nights ago. 
[attachment=3000]

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - Firemon - 01-30-2022

Wondered where you were.   I should have guessed!

Here's my view this morning.   Just swap the palm trees for pine trees, and the ocean for a frozen lake, and the jet skis for snowmobiles. Hardly any difference.

Saw a dog sled team yesterday.

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - daniel - 01-30-2022

Todays flight cancelled until tuesday ! 15 inches of blowing snow yesterday !  Rebooking hotel and damn covid test , what a PITA !!!  I would gladly take low 70's . soon come

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - oldtimer - 01-30-2022

I just spent 2 hours plowing and that is just a start . It took me 1/2hr just to get the barn door open . Too much blowing snow so I've had it for today .Mags ( the dog ) and I are just going to have cold smelts and venison kaiser's for lunch . This was left over from yesterday . My tractor just isn't big enough for this much snow and rain soaked and frozen to boot .Have a great day everybody !!!

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - kylake - 01-30-2022

Thanks all for the updates. Nice view you have Firemon! Take it easy OT and don't over do. Maybe I will get to see you Daniel if you will be around the Negril area at some point in your journey. 
Here is a picture of what the sea looks like today.
[attachment=3002]

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - Firemon - 02-03-2022

How's the weather today Kylake?

It's a balmy -35 F this morning in Ely, Mn.

Winterfest getting underway with ice carving, ski races, dog sled races, and naturally an ice fishing tournament.

Do me a favor if you would and next time you walk the beach wiggle your toes in the sand and send me your thoughts as you scan the horizon so I might enjoy the experience vicariously.

In return I'll hurl a snowball in the direction of Jamaica. Let me know if you get it.

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - CardBoardBox - 02-05-2022

The snowball sentence pair had me laughing in the isle (asile?) Good one!

We just had 2 days of light rain followed immediately by mid 20's. A windshield covered with ice on the car happens/happened but was no problem because my doors were stuck fast to the frame. Not just exterior ice - I could get my fingers into the crack around the door and pull on the handle too. (Lotta good that did me. Not.) It was the rain which penetrated causing me the problem.

I didn't need the trick of heating the key*** but I did recall why I was supposed to have reapplied some silicone spray on the rubber door gaskets.

***locks get powdered graphite, not oil.

Somewhere I have a can of windshield ice melt but I'm letting "sand gravity" have its way with me.

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - kylake - 02-07-2022

Well life is good in Jamaica. Sorry but the internet when out for a while.....go figure...
After getting back online I knew Wendy O was supposed to be here and unfortunately when I remembered and pinged her for a meet up with Beth and I she was packing to leave. Well as I told her we can try another time. 
I know someone else is here and Beth and I really hoping to visit and say hello for a first time. 
When you come and stay for months it is really different than visiting for a week or two. You really get to begin to understand the culture more...Blessed to be on a tropical island with wife and friendships that have grown over the years.

Firemon, as I wiggle my toes in the sand, I simply stop and think how lucky we are to have found our place in the tropics....Come on down and leave that -35F behind and enjoy the beach, sun, salt and living life in Jamaica.

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - Negril75 - 02-08-2022

kylake,
I am relatively new to this board so I don't really know many of you regular folks. Do you have a place in Negril?? It appears from your photo that it's vantage point is on the North end of Bloody Bay or so? Do you have a condo? What is the name of the complex that you stay in? How long do you generally stay for your visits? Sorry for all the questions!!
Regards,
John

RE: Negril today 1/30/2022 - kylake - 02-10-2022

John, you have mail....or should depending on how well my internet is working or not working.