The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
CDC Travel Advisory - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: CDC Travel Advisory (/showthread.php?tid=103066)

CDC Travel Advisory - Firemon - 01-24-2022

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention moved five Caribbean island destinations into its highest-risk travel category for Covid-19 on Monday.

The CDC advises travelers to avoid

• Colombia
• Costa Rica
• Dominican Republic
• Fiji
• Guadeloupe
• Jamaica
• Kuwait
• Mongolia
• Niger
• Peru
• Romania
• Saint Barthélemy
• Saint Martin
• Tunisia
• United Arab Emirates

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/cdc-very-high-risk-travel-destinations-january-24/index.html

RE: CDC Travel Advisory - CardBoardBox - 01-28-2022

Not the best thread to use, but I'm re-using it.
In today's news, which I saw on Yahoo which took it from the URL below, a couple tested positive for C-19 on the island and had $$big bucks wired to the company to fly home.

Two (3?) quotes:
  • On a Christmas vacation in Jamaica, Beth Ring and her husband tested positive for COVID-19.
  • After spending two days in a state-run quarantine hotel, the couple chartered a $35,000 flight home.

She also said she wished she did more research on COVID-19 travel insurance. Covac Global, for instance, costs between $750 to $1,000, depending on the location and length of a trip, and covers the cost of a private flight if needed. Ring said she looked into Covac but that the company wasn't accepting clients at the time of her trip.

cmnt; I can see a private charter, but not to have it be a ambulance. The JA medical person required it to be an ambulance.
Read the article. Their expensive villa was not available and the government approved facility was disappointing, so they requested to leave and it was granted.

http://www.insider.com/private-jet-charter-to-avoid-Jamaica-quarantine-2022-1

RE: CDC Travel Advisory - kylake - 01-30-2022

Also a State Department Level 4 travel advisory because of crime in certain areas in Kingston, Mobay and Spanish town 
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/jamaica-travel-advisory.html 

Life of the rich and famous for real when you can stay in a very expensive villa with butler service and then, on top of that, fork over a ton money for a ambulance flight out. 
The woman in an interview said: "The government quarantine hotel was not as nice as the villa which had a butler, maid and chef."
With no symptoms they could have left after 5 days under the new Jamaica Health Ministry protocols. Instead they spent 35K usd and got out 3 days earlier than the protocol..

RE: CDC Travel Advisory - Firemon - 01-30-2022

This would all be over if everyone just got vaccinated. Imagine how bad it would be now if they hadn't discovered it?!

RE: CDC Travel Advisory - oldtimer - 01-31-2022

There was a radio program on vaxxes . They said the only reason the world wasn't wiped out by the Black Plaque is because there were no airplanes . In 1965 , the 1st time I was on Jamaica ( working 18years old ) I had to have a Yellow Fever shot to go there . These anti vaxxers have no clue what a vax is . Do they not care about older ( me ) people that have poor immune systems ?? They say " I don't know what's in it " They don't know what's in Red Stripe or Peanut Butter or water in their own home towns . I know it is very hard on kids !!! but what about the 18 year old kids that these guys want behind bars for years . How does that affect how they are when they get out of jail . They are MORONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I don't want to be having a Red Stripe and then these people telling me that the G'overnment is putting tracking devices in your arm . Mandates , they were mandated to have a f****** drivers license to get to the protests . This is the year their IQ and shoe size is the same . Hate me if you want but don't hate my grand children .

RE: CDC Travel Advisory - kylake - 01-31-2022

OT, we are fighting two wars, covid and stupidity!