The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Treasure Beach - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Treasure Beach (/showthread.php?tid=103017)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Treasure Beach - Negril75 - 12-06-2021

jamaicajeanne,

I would recommend that you take a look at Sunset Resort and Villas centrally located overlooking the Bay. It is run by an American Kory South and his Jamaican wife and they have been in business there for many years. It's basically a hotel and restaurant with a detached building with two units equipped with full kitchen, large bedroom and bathroom. The rates are very reasonable and the food there is excellent. It is a popular spot with many return guests many time Canadians. It's always pretty mellow and Kory can connect you with whatever you might need. He is hooked up with Captain "Talla" Moxam for fishing and excursions to Black River, Dolphin Watching and Floyd's Pelican Bar. It is a very fun and enjoyable place. Check out their website and contact Kory if you have any questions.

RE: Treasure Beach - kylake - 12-06-2021

Quote:Negril75 wrote:

I would recommend that you take a look at Sunset Resort and Villas
Ditto it is a nice place and easy walking distance from Kudehya. We had dinner there a time or two at their restaurant.
Another captain to choose from his Captain Dennis. He goes way up Black River under a low bridge and takes you to a little bar that has a swimming hole, then to Sista Lou's for crab cakes if you like and on to Floyd's Pelican Bar.
Here is a mural on a wall on the walk into Sunset Resort
[attachment=2996]

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 12-07-2021

I've never caught a merlin but have seen them on a line in another boat . Holy crap they do wild things . It should be catch and release but it's catch and kill. Like I said before , I was told there are some giants on the south shore of Cuba . If you get caught fishing there you pay the price heavy duty !!!! I'm told that the Honduras fishermen are the only one's with balls enough to fish there .

RE: Treasure Beach - Negril75 - 12-07-2021

jamaicajeanne has asked me to pass along to everybody that she appreciates everyone's responses to her thread but that she has been somehow locked out from responding. She gets a white page with HTTP error 500 regardless of what device she uses.

"can you let everyone on the Treasure Beach thread that I am watching and appreciating all advice....I am somehow locked out.
I have tried password resets and re register. No matter what browser, computer or phone I use, I get a white page with HTTP error 500"

RE: Treasure Beach - TAH - 12-07-2021

Tell her to make sure to use https:/jamericans.net/yellowboard

The "s" in https is critical... 

RE: Treasure Beach - Negril75 - 12-07-2021

OT2,
Your old friend Ernest Hemingway used to fish for Marlin in Cuba big time. You should see the photos of some of the monsters he used to catch!! His story "The old man in the sea" the story of an epic battle with a Marlin that an old Cuban fisherman catches on his dugout canoe similar to the boats that the Jamaican fishermen used in the old days. Yes today all Marlin fishing should be catch and release!!

RE: Treasure Beach - kylake - 12-08-2021

Quote: OT said:It should be catch and release but it's catch and kill.
I agree but when I caught a 225# Blue Marlin while fishing in Negril there was no doubt it was food to feed families and release was not an option. Back when Fireman was cooking at Our Pastime I took him a portion to cook for us and friends. Ended up it was the lady that owned Our Pastime's birthday and she and her friends and family also had marlin. That was just from a small amount I took since the fish was so large. Most likely the largest fish I will ever catch and yes it did some crazy stuff and when the fish was landed in the boat the hook basically fell out. Carlton kept saying over and over...."give him no rest". We both fought the fish to land it and I was spent. Calrton said, Are you okay? Do you want to keep fishing? I said, Yes and he said what do you want to catch this time and my reply was "something smaller"

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 12-08-2021

I can honestly say in my whole life . in fishing or life in general I've never had any one say they wanted " something smaller "

RE: Treasure Beach - kylake - 12-13-2021

Quote:OT said:I can honestly say in my whole life . in fishing or life in general I've never had any one say they wanted " something smaller "
I don't doubt that a bit but I was totally worn out and spent doubt I could have handled another big one like that marlin. Carltons reply was as he re-rigged a new bait, "We are now fishing for kingfish". Ended up we never had another strike, in the next hour or more.

RE: Treasure Beach - Negril75 - 12-15-2021

kylake,
Out of curiousity when you were fishing in Negril were you on a "Real Deal" Charter Boat or a smaller boat dragging bait. The reason I ask is that the two times I have gone fishing off Negril Beach once with OK Sam in 1980 we only caught 2 small bonita on handlines. The second time in 1987 the boat I was on a small fiberglass bout with a 75HP outboard that died about a mile offshore and we were towed in we didn't have a bite. My opinion based on those experiences led me to believe that fishing off Negril wasn't very productive!!