The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Treasure Beach - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Treasure Beach (/showthread.php?tid=103017)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Treasure Beach - jamaicajeanne - 11-30-2021

Hi,
I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving.

Can anyone tell me what the Treasure Beach area is like during slow season? We usually travel to Jamaica in October and wondering if eateries will be available.

Thank you in advance for any insight.

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 11-30-2021

No problem with places to eat .It is slow if you want to have other people to plan your day , like different bands every night , well ??? But if you like hiking and travelling around a bit and reading a bit GREAT PLACE . most times no begging or hustle . Great place to buy fresh fish and veggies and make the best food ever . Well I think you get it .

RE: Treasure Beach - jamaicajeanne - 11-30-2021

Thank you oldtimer2,
We are looking and hoping to completely disconnect and Treasure Beach seems like the right place. We are thinking about and planning a 2 week stay to simply relax and enjoy the area. Sun, ocean to play in and lots of books to read.

We have been looking at private homes to rent and we are looking at the Katamah property.
If anyone has other suggestions, I am eager to hear them.

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 11-30-2021

I think you got it !!!!! If that's what your looking for your in the right place !!!

RE: Treasure Beach - TAH - 11-30-2021

Katamah is okay. It's rustic, so you'd have to be okay with that. But it's a cool spot, pretty unique. It's not quite private enough for us though. Shared kitchen/common area, with pretty decent lounge seating setup, hammocks etc. We usually push to one end of TB, or the other, rather than in the middle like Katamah, but we always get a scooter to have ready transport around the area. 

Just one request, if you would; please don't blow up TB on trip advisor... it has remained a quiet, peaceful community over the years mostly because they haven't been "discovered" by the masses yet. I hope it remains that way for many years to come. 

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 12-01-2021

TAH speaks the truth .

RE: Treasure Beach - jamaicajeanne - 12-01-2021

We are ok with rustic.

Tah, I completely understand about TA which is why I came here. This board provides a different attitude for visitors wanting a more unique/ simple experience.

Katamah appeals to us as it seems more centrally located and most things seem walkable.

Please, if you have more guidance on where to stay, let me know. I am open to all possibilities and welcome the chance to be able to tune out the world for a while. We do not need fancy, just clean.

RE: Treasure Beach - TAH - 12-02-2021

I think Kudehya is worth a look. It's a bit further out, but still walkable (scooters are best, and traffic very light). Much more peaceful, and secluded, which for us is perfect. Great views from the upper level, fantastic sunrises. If you do go, tell Iyarus that Tim said hello. 

If you want to stay central, I'd give Treasure Beach Hotel a look. It's never crowded, the grounds are pretty great. You don't feel like you're in a hotel, really. Free breakfast. Great spot, great views. But there are plenty of other good places to stay, I just haven't tried enough of them. Lots of guest houses and villas around, in all price ranges. Check out Airbnb. 

Billy Bay is pretty cool too, but much more isolated. Be careful swimming in TB in general. Ask a local about where the currents/rips are, before you go more than waist deep. Take me seriously on that. 

RE: Treasure Beach - oldtimer - 12-02-2021

Good advice about the riptides .

RE: Treasure Beach - kylake - 12-05-2021

I second TAH's suggestion about Kudehya. We have stayed there twice and Iyarus is a great host! We stayed on the top floor both times but if you want a kitchen there is a room on the bottom floor that has one. Just 3 rooms total in the guesthouse. It is on old wharf rd. and Sharon Martini has a place right across the street from Kudehya. She is quite talented in art and writing. You can walk to several places either by beach or road as long as you don't mind a stretch of the legs and the best and safest area to swim from Kudehya is down by a large rental with two pools I believe called Seaweed. That is where Iyarus would always go swimming with his son. If you have more questions, as you have been, just ask.

View from the top floor of Kudehya with the swimming area I wrote about circled in red.
[attachment=2995]