The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm (/showthread.php?tid=102952)

Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm - oldtimer - 09-17-2021

As much as this is what would be best for my mobility rehab I don't think I can trust the system . When they show Drifters hardly any masks or just on the neck . The pics on Bobby's board there are only people hugging etc .Too many anti vaxxers and anti maskers for me at this time . I\m not scared of much but Covid-19 is not what I want to die from . I hope all will change and my mind will change as well. I don't even get to see a lot of my family here so I'm defiantly not going to a place that doesn't abide by common sense rules .

RE: Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm - daniel - 09-17-2021

Ot we put off last Feb. trip . We went in spring instead April May . We live in rural Maine . Easy to distance , and our social circle is small . Not much difference in our lifestyle in Jamaica . Choose a low key area of the Island and stay warm and eat good this Feb. March . see ya there . 

RE: Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm - kylake - 09-17-2021

We usually go in Oct-Nov for about 5 weeks and then again Jan-March and did so last years 2020&2021. We were careful and Jamaicans and government were taking covid all very seriously. Super checked at the airport in Oct 2020 but when we went back in Jan 2021 it was a walk straight thru...no questions...no checks. You could tell everyone was beginning to ignore protocols.
At that time (2020 and early 2021) positivity rate was low in Jamaica (less than 10%) with zero deaths in Hanover where we stay.
Fast forward to fall of 2021 and Jamaica now has a positivity rate of 46% the last time I saw it listed.
Like Daniel we are pretty low key don't need to party but have put our Oct-Nov trip on hold and are somewhat concerned about our winter trip starting in Jan.
The biggest thing we missed was going to our weekly music (Boat Bar, Drifters on Friday and Chances on Sunday). In Oct-Nov 2020 it was all shut down until just before we left. We went to Drifters and stayed away from the crowd as it was not following any of the protocols. We never went back. Last Jan-March we didn't go to any music, sad, sad, sad.

RE: Feb- Mar visit hmmmmm - Tammy - 09-17-2021

I went in April and stayed 6 weeks. Loved it so much. I know it's not good for Jamaica but having that beach to myself is magic. We did walk down to Bourbon Beach a couple of times and Drifters once but hardly anyone there. We didn't go to Bourbon when too many were there. It looked like it got pretty busy after I left. We bought groceries and chickens from Miss Norma, hubby cooked breakfast every day and most dinners, he would go out and get us something sometimes, but all in all, we stayed close to home base. I have so loved and treasured my two trips I've made during this pandemic. Now with that said I would not go right now as it's just too out of control. I'm praying things are better by February and flights are not $800 as I will be there.